Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real McCoy's j-24 sleeve alteration

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I’m with @dudewuttheheck, 1” absolute max and honestly, I would t even do that. Dena and Alan are both outstanding at what they do but I would give this at least 6 months wear before any radical surgery. Tbh the sleeves looks just fine as is. If this were mine I wouldn’t dare alter it.

My thoughts exactly!

I hope we are not scaring you away here...this is far to nice a jacket to take a risk with. You'll easily loose 3/4" + as it creases up in the arms.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I’m with @dudewuttheheck, 1” absolute max and honestly, I would t even do that. Dena and Alan are both outstanding at what they do but I would give this at least 6 months wear before any radical surgery. Tbh the sleeves looks just fine as is. If this were mine I wouldn’t dare alter it.
Yeah I think waiting would be the best decision. The OP has the option if he needs it, but I wouldn't go for it just yet. My guess is the jacket will end up looking great naturally.

whorishconsumer

Familiar Face
Yes, I think it would fit perfectly if it were altered to my cuff. The actual jacket fits very nicely. I have always had arms that are about two inches too short. My damn genetics ; ) That cuff starts at about 3 inches...

I'd leave it. The jacket looks good. The J-24 was cut with long sleeves, as was mentioned. I just got the J-24L and have some overly long sleeves going on, but it really hasn't bothered me. I even appreciate them when I have my hands on the steering wheel in my car.

img_2744-jpg.1658867

I'm taller than you so the sleeve length might appear a little less. But again, the sleeves on yours look fine.

If you are still possessed to bring a scalpel to it, there is also Superior Leathers here in NYC, although I have not used them. According to their site and Yelp, they may no longer be in existence. You could try emailing Samantha at fixit@superiorleathernyc.com.

If you're willing to ship, Zoltan at Advanced European Tailoring in Berkeley is supposed to be very good with leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner