Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real McCoys Moleskin Sports Jacket

geedee

Familiar Face
Hi guys - I've been looking at this jacket recently, it's a kinda Cossack style with a regular collar instead of a shawl collar. Have any of you had experience with it, or advice on build, fit, sizing etc?
1679230789417.png

1679230820046.png

1679230856527.png

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
it's a kinda Cossack style with a regular collar instead of a shawl collar.

You're overthinking the "official jacket terminology" stuff.

Do you like the jacket? Does it fit? Get it.

If you're curious about alternatives, there are countless ones. The knits here have a cool look.

jeo

One Too Many
Have no idea about this jacket but I would just make sure the length is right for you. Many of their leather jackets tend to be long.

RiteStuffBryan

One of the Regulars
Not sure if this can of worms bears opening but when did ‘Cossack’ come to mean a shawl collar jacket? Every vintage catalog lists Cossack jackets as a sport jacket with size strap adjusters regardless of the collar.

FECDFBFB-3DAC-457C-9166-5661609F2FDB.jpeg

8CCF3BE6-53B4-4FC8-A09E-BD43B21E0B9C.jpeg

geedee

Familiar Face
Have no idea about this jacket but I would just make sure the length is right for you. Many of their leather jackets tend to be long.
Thanks for the advice, Jeo. I will check the measurements. I'm just over 6ft tall so I'm usually more worried about jackets being too short!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ