Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reblock a western

Wil Tam

Practically Family
CB! not bad .. did you steam it at all? You probably can get it to a open crown with the method I used when I did my Towncraft. Ball up and shove a bath towel into the cavity then start steaming and brushing the old crease out, when your done let it dry completely ... then you can inspect it to see if there are any crease smudges. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

----------------
Now playing: Radiohead - Smear (Jonny Greenwood)
via FoxyTunes

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Wil;) Yep did steam. I got the brim where I want it. The crown is tougher. Every hatter I spoke informed me it would be even on their machines. I figure I enjoy working on my hats why not.

Justdog

Practically Family
Justdog said:
I also agree with Optimo. I just sent a 25 in for restitching of the band, although the hat is nowhere near as expensive as yours I was impressed by the initial customer service and the " I would not think of gluing it back" anwser;)
I have confidence my hat will return :D

Got my hat back from Optimo. Sweat was re sewn. Just a magnificent job.
The wind tie was also replaced. Felt is quite soft after cleaning. Is a picture perfect OR fedora style now. Lucky to have these skilled hatters to give the vintage many more years of life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925