Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reblocking hat to get flatter crown?

dawgvet

Familiar Face
I was wondering if anyone has had a hat reblocked to get some of the "dome" out of the crown? I have an Akubra CampDraft that I've always wanted to put a classic center crease with front pinch bash in but the rounded dome of the crown allows the dent to touch the top of my head and won't let the hat sit down on my head completely. I have worn a teardrop bash in this hat to have it not poking me in the head. I have a Stetson Nostalgia which has a similar height but a flatter top to the crown and the center dent works perfectly.

I realize I may be obsessing over a hat but if fellow Loungers don't understand who will? :)

Thanks,
Jed

dawgvet

Familiar Face
Josh and RBH, thanks for the replies. Josh's post sums up my concerns.
RBH, who did you get to do your brim trimming and how much did they trim? I have more than one Camp Draft and I've kicked around idea of a trim and a bit wider ribbon.
Thanks
Jed

dawgvet

Familiar Face
RBH,
Thanks for the info. BTW, I am thinking about a panama straw hat soon and was wondering if you knew anything about the one the gentleman in your avatar was wearing. Really like the tall, straight sides and ribbon width.
Thanks,
Jed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner