Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Baron flight coat

bobmarco

New in Town
Greetings all, i am new here!

i just recently watched "The Red Baron" (2008) movie and thought that the guy had a really cool flight coat. I tried looking it up online and ran into this forum and it seems you guys really know what you're talking about.

so maybe you guys can help me out.

anybody know what this type of flight coat is called?
and where i can get something like this?

i'm guessing it's leather... double breasted and has a large fur collar.

here are some pics of the coat from the movie:

any help would be great!

thanks a lot!

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
The collar cut looks very German but WW2. A bit like on the Canal (channel) jackets. No doubt Mr Lever will have something to add on this aspect.

I just wish someone would make a creditable version of the British RFC flying jacket which was double breasted and had that large, open, angled map pocket.

Dave

Edward

Bartender
Dave, Aero could probably do somethingl ike what you're after - if memory serves, that wouldn't be a huge variation from the standard Barnstormer? Eastman's WW1-style flying coat (I think they list it as a German flying coat in black, and the Brooklands Motoring Coat in brown...) is also very nice, but of course their business model is somewhat different and so they don't do custom alterations beyond sizing issues afaik.

bobmarco

New in Town
thanks for the replies guys! much appreciated!

i did some research and found a kind of similar US made coat called M69F.
anyone know of a german or other european equivalent?

thanks a lot!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael