Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reducing the shaft circumference on Engineer boots

Vintagestyle

One of the Regulars
When I went into the Frye store in NYC, they didn't even have engineers. Amazing to me cuz Frye were always what I thought of as engineers...the good old ones....
Frye was famous more for their Harness boots and others based on these and the cavalry boots made in the 1870's , more than for their engineer boots ,although they manufactures many boots based on those desins for years !
If you look at the many boots they proposed in their 70's catalog , what they propose today is a joke !
And their boots quality was much better back then or even before 2003 ,when they closed their original plant and when they sold the company to a Chinese company ! Lol
So yes, now the famous Frye Harness and Cavalry boots are made by a Chinese company who gives shit about American tradition and Iconic Boots and who only cares for the cash and the money they can distribute to their Share Holders !
Half of their Harness boots ( the very few models they still manufacture whereas they used to make dozens of different ones) are not even goodyear welted anymore !!
Now they are fashionnistas boots , not Bikers and rugged ( leather being thinner ) boots anymore !

I suspect and fear Chippewa becomes the same cause their decisions to stop manufacturing their most iconic boots and stop manufacturing some others in USA is a poor decision that will reflect in their sales at a moment when they will be forgotten for what they were once !
Letting down many of the customers that supported them for many years ,buying their boots is a really bad idea i think !

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points