Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regius two tone Hercules!!

I hope this posts. I have had absolute fits with this site for the past few weeks. This jacket is the end result of a year long project that ultimately landed with this truly remarkable garment. I am genuinely speechless. Which is quite a feat for a typically loud mouthed goof like myself.

The inspiration for this piece is the jacket below. I believe a 40’s era Hercules. I sent this to Reg to have a look at.
IMG_3371.jpeg

Time passed. The project was ultimately abandoned. Until it wasn’t. The result is this extraordinary jacket:
IMG_3395.jpeg
IMG_3398.jpeg

IMG_3397.jpeg

The end result is so incredibly unique. I’ve never had (or seen) anything quite like it. It weighs in a beefy 7lbs. The rough out feels like 4oz leather and the black grainy shinki is a close match in terms of weight. The interior body is a hefty tan wool, with rayon in the sleeves. Moleskin pocket bags and corduroy under the flap pockets. Every detail is just absolutely perfectly done:
IMG_3404.jpeg

IMG_3399.jpeg

Everything about this jacket feels like art. Reg really took creative liberties with the design and I think this is where he is at his absolute best and his talents really shine through.
IMG_3410.jpeg
IMG_3411.jpeg
IMG_3412.jpeg
IMG_3409.jpeg

My photos really don’t do it justice! It almost has to be seen in the flesh to really appreciate what it has going on. It’s freaky and wild and I couldn’t be more gobsmacked with how well it turned out.
THANK YOU @regius
Absolutely Brilliant Work!!!

Last edited:

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
That's an insanely cool jacket that fits you incredibly well. It's truly impressive how Regius has managed to master his art.

bigmanbigtruck

Familiar Face
Not the biggest fan of two-tone, but this one looks artfully done. Especially like the contrast and how it brings attention to all the pockets which also have a slight curve to them.

Of course, nailed the fit. Congrats!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Wow, what a masterpiece.

Reg took an original design and made it more interesting. Slanted flap pockets, tapered side straps, a beefy halfbelt. They all work perfectly together to form a coherent, unique design. End game material.

You are not allowed to move this one on Tony, under penalty of a permanent TFL ban.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Tony (and Regius) that is simply amazing! Excellent work Regius, appears to be extermely well made.

Tony - I hope you get that out into Chicago streets and people start asking you about it. This could be one of the most unique men's jackets in the whole area.

Last edited:
The rough out is super heavy cowhide. I believe around 4oz. It wears like a soaking wet wool blanket. And this jacket I cannot ever sell. Not an option at any price. I have reduced my extremely humble collection to its most unique. I have nowhere else to go.

One thing I failed to mention and it’s another engineering nod that I really dig. The pocket flap can be seamlessly stored in the pocket itself, which is handy when I put and walking around with my hands in and out of the handwarmers. My original Windward does this too. Also changes up the look a bit.
IMG_3535.jpeg

IMG_3542.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One thing I failed to mention and it’s another engineering nod that I really dig. The pocket flap can be seamlessly stored in the pocket itself, which is handy when I put and walking around with my hands in and out of the handwarmers. My original Windward does this too. Also changes up the look a bit.
View attachment 608974
View attachment 608975
Cool jacket, even if it wouldn't be for me. Two tone is not necessarily mine (yet).
But it's super cool, looks absolutely great and is well adapted.
But I wouldn't bet my money that you won't pass it on at some point lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran