Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reining Hats and Dogs

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Dogs are truly the best companions. Everything that needs saying is in the pic.

My 14 year old was still helping me bring in the horses every night right up till the day prior to loosing him. We knew it was coming for 2 weeks. And we all know nothing makes that easier.

Never done it this way before but with a 4 year old to entertain and knowing the loss both humans and animals can feel so deeply I wanted to try something different. We buried Marley here on the place, Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning we drove 30 miles and picked up Charlie, from an Internet ad @ 10 weeks. He's 13 weeks now and everyone has been better for the experience despite the bouts of short term depression we all still experience. Hard to go to sleep or wake up without thinking about my time with Marley.

Still there is nothing like a puppy to put a smile on any face.

76706680_745232769218075_1576521712260874240_o.jpg

Sorry no hats this time but figured you guys would appreciate the sentiment.

Yahoody, truly sorry for the loss of Marley. Dogs make us better humans. I dare say Marley lived a kings life with you, your family and the ranch. Long live King Marley's memory.

I am going to spend some time with our Port.Water dog, Tio and go for a walk. Best, Eric -

My 14 year old was still helping me bring in the horses every night right up till the day prior to loosing him. We knew it was coming for 2 weeks. And we all know nothing makes that easier.

Never done it this way before but with a 4 year old to entertain and knowing the loss both humans and animals can feel so deeply I wanted to try something different. We buried Marley here on the place, Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning we drove 30 miles and picked up Charlie, from an Internet ad @ 10 weeks. He's 13 weeks now and everyone has been better for the experience despite the bouts of short term depression we all still experience. Hard to go to sleep or wake up without thinking about my time with Marley.

Still there is nothing like a puppy to put a smile on any face.

76706680_745232769218075_1576521712260874240_o.jpg

Sorry no hats this time but figured you guys would appreciate the sentiment.

Fierce loyalty and unconditional love is what we get from mothers and our dogs. My heart breaks when they “move on,” but I can’t imagine a life without them. May your memories always stay bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, he did it again, only this time it’s the left rear and a torn meniscus as well as the ACL. Dropped him off early yesterday morning and picked him up early this afternoon. I’m sure he’s more miserable than I am but it’s close.

Sorry to hear that Greg. Hope he heals soon. At least his cone is far less shameful that those round plastic things.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Well, he did it again, only this time it’s the left rear and a torn meniscus as well as the ACL. Dropped him off early yesterday morning and picked him up early this afternoon. I’m sure he’s more miserable than I am but it’s close.
View attachment 242887

Dang it Bodie! Healing thoughts from Minnesota heading to Bodie and you this evening. The hurt is real for man and his friend. Thinking of you two. Eric -

So sorry for Bodie & all of you, BB.

Thank you, HJ. We’re hanging.

Sorry to hear that Greg. Hope he heals soon. At least his cone is far less shameful that those round plastic things.

Thanks, Bob and he appreciates the cone as do I. It’s much quieter when he moves around in his pen.

Dang it Bodie! Healing thoughts from Minnesota heading to Bodie and you this evening. The hurt is real for man and his friend. Thinking of you two. Eric -

Sort of what I said Eric when the surgeon gave me the diagnosis about two weeks ago. I was wearing a mask so my words were somewhat muffled. Having been an elite athlete yourself and working with them regularly, you understand that delicate balance between ability and degree of difficulty. Where play is concerned, Bodie does not get it. The hurt is real and so is the kindness in your thoughts. Thank you, Eric.

Sorry to hear that, Greg. Hope his recovery is quick and easy.

Thanks, Jim. I hope you all are well. Give Jenna a hug and a pat for me.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Stitches came out Tuesday and the cone-of-shame came off yesterday. Only 8 more weeks of confinement and on leash only activity.
View attachment 245184

Cheers for you and Bodie. Wearing the cone tugs at my heart when my dogs have had to wear them. It is for the best, but I celebrate as much as my dog when they come off. Excellent sign for Bodie. Nothing wrong with the prescription - keep your dog close. Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ