Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remakes and Sequels: Then And Now

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Dan G said:
I think she does a pretty good job. I was really impressed with Joaquin Phoenix. Not necessarily for his Johnny Cash impression, (though I thought it was pretty good) but more for his singing! Wow!!:eek:

I'll bet it did! He's awesome...
Ever listen to him with The Highwaymen?

I'm glad to hear Reese does well. As odd as this sounds, I was worried she was too "pretty" to do June. I love June, but she wasn't "traditionally pretty" and I was unsure that June's strong personality with such a pretty package would be believable. I wasn't too worried about Joaquin Phoenix. I was very impressed with him in Quills. It'll be fun to hear him sing.

And yes, I enjoy the Highwaymen very much. How about you? I think my favorite song being the self-titled "Highwayman". It gives me chills!! Especially, Cash's and Waylon's parts. And that song is ironically also a cover... lol

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Joie DeVive said:
I'm glad to hear Reese does well. As odd as this sounds, I was worried she was too "pretty" to do June. I love June, but she wasn't "traditionally pretty" and I was unsure that June's strong personality with such a pretty package would be believable. I wasn't too worried about Joaquin Phoenix. I was very impressed with him in Quills. It'll be fun to hear him sing.

And yes, I enjoy the Highwaymen very much. How about you? I think my favorite song being the self-titled "Highwayman". It gives me chills!! Especially, Cash's and Waylon's parts. And that song is ironically also a cover... lol

It is kind of odd at first, her playing June, but not too bad.[huh] lol

I have the albums Highwayman and The Road Goes on Forever. I love them both!! That song is definitely one of my favorites though! I don't really like Willie Nelson, but I thought he was good with them! My favorite part of the song was Kristofferson's... Something about sailors!! Dan will be one soon!!:D

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Dan G said:
I have the albums Highwayman and The Road Goes on Forever. I love them both!! That song is definitely one of my favorites though! I don't really like Willie Nelson, but I thought he was good with them! My favorite part of the song was Kristofferson's... Something about sailors!! Dan will be one soon!!:D

Interesting, myself, I'm not a big fan of Kristofferson's singing (no offense). I love his writing, but not so fond of the singing...

So you're joining up? I had a good friend who did a couple tours in Bosnia with the Navy.

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Joie DeVive said:
Interesting, myself, I'm not a big fan of Kristofferson's singing (no offense). I love his writing, but not so fond of the singing...

So you're joining up? I had a good friend who did a couple tours in Bosnia with the Navy.

His writing is awesome.:)
Yes ma'am! All joined up, just waiting for my ship to Boot date!:D

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RetroModelSari said:
I really liked the original "Planet of the Apes" from the 60s for it´s criticising of humanship and for the unexpected end... The remake with Mark Wahlberg just totally sucked. Off course the costumes were better and the apes more ape-ish in their behaviour, but they tried too hard to make it a action-movie and changed big parts of the story plus the end was horrible (and I didn´t even really get the end). What´s the point in changing the end???
I liked the original Planet of the Apes and some of the ones after but no way would I see the sequel and after your review, Sari, I'm glad I didn't. If it were like this I may have enjoyed it more though: http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/3711/hi.mov

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Dan G said:
It's for people like you ma'am, so thank you.

Aw Dan G, that's so sweet! *blushes*

And now that we've adjouned our meeting of the mutual admiration society, and gone horribly :eek:fftopic: (My apologies) We'd probably ought to go back to sequels.... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy