Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Remembrance" by Art Fawcett!

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
That is a very sharp hat, indycop. It looks like it was definitely worth the wait. Thank you for posting pictures.

Great Job, Art.

apipeguy

One of the Regulars
stopped by to see new pics and smiles. you are still looking cool! Indy, can you tell us how you slept standing up so you didn't have to take that hat off?:)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
apipeguy said:
stopped by to see new pics and smiles. you are still looking cool! Indy, can you tell us how you slept standing up so you didn't have to take that hat off?:)
It was under armed guard as well as k-9 type while I slept. Of course then it spent the early part of today out shopping!:fedora: I was using some gift cards I got when a woman stopped directly in my way to stare open mouthed at the hat as if there was no one underneath it! I had to go around her or walk over herlol !

fatwoul

Practically Family
Of course we all knew this hat would be good, but I didn't know exactly what kind of good it was going to be. As it turns out, it is superbly understated and subtle. It is a design which only explains itself upon closer inspection, which is perfect for the message behind it. It is a quiet and tasteful tribute.

The "towers" of the bow frame the pin beautifully, and the whole hat is scaled to accommodate that pin, which IC explained was quite large.

Very nicely done.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas, by the way.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Indy,

This is a great custom hat, especially due to its pin.
Does it also have a history or is that too personal?

Regards:

Tom

indycop

I'll Lock Up
HungaryTom said:
Indy,

This is a great custom hat, especially due to its pin.
Does it also have a history or is that too personal?

Regards:

Tom
I was in the police academy on 9/11 and I wanted to get a hat around that pin but also like the old detective hats. When I asked Art about it I found out he has a history with the twin towers and it was very personal for him, so it went from there!:)

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
It was under armed guard as well as k-9 type while I slept. Of course then it spent the early part of today out shopping!:fedora: I was using some gift cards I got when a woman stopped directly in my way to stare open mouthed at the hat as if there was no one underneath it! I had to go around her or walk over herlol !
I was gonna write something smartass, but that hat is way to nice to clutter up this thread with my off-color remarks about your face being able to stop women etc...Oops...I think I did it anyway...:eusa_doh: [huh] :eek: :D

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Tom, although I had only been in my masonry career 5 years, I had already gotten the attention of some major builders and in 1972 was invited to come to NYC & do some stonework on the South Tower, so I had an extremely small part of the construction of it. I KNEW it would withstand anything because I was there, watching it being built. I can't tell you the horror I fealt when they fell. It was quite some time later that I discovered that I had lost a friend in the attack so, like many, it touched me personally and I will never forget. Thus, "Remembrance"

Thank you for all the kind words Gents..sometimes a hat is more than headgear, this is one of those times for me.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Art and IC...Great combo!

Art that is one beautiful hat. A great tribute to a time we all remember. I was working in midtown, but happened to be in L.A. at the time. For months, as I went to work from Staten Island, I could see that horrible smokey, emptiness.
That is truly a beautiful hat.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

HungaryTom

One Too Many
I'm speechless.

Art Fawcett said:
Tom, although I had only been in my masonry career 5 years, I had already gotten the attention of some major builders and in 1972 was invited to come to NYC & do some stonework on the South Tower, so I had an extremely small part of the construction of it. I KNEW it would withstand anything because I was there, watching it being built. I can't tell you the horror I fealt when they fell. It was quite some time later that I discovered that I had lost a friend in the attack so, like many, it touched me personally and I will never forget. Thus, "Remembrance"

Thank you for all the kind words Gents..sometimes a hat is more than headgear, this is one of those times for me.

Thanks, Art.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I've been looking at this hat online now for a couple of days and I'm still awestruck. Art and IC, as I posted before, I can't come up with enough superlatives to describe that hat. Truly outstanding, truly magnificent!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80