Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes

16_sparrows

Vendor
In my hunt for shoes I found another dance shoe store that seems to have more variety than the others I've seen.
http://danceshoesstore.com
They have these two pairs which I am currently trying to decided whether I love them or hate them.

134858328_018c120065.jpg

I'm loving the little loops within the strap of the black shoe, but not so keen on the gold accents.

Anyway, they have some other great styles as well.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Remix sizing

Question for anybody that's bought a wedge and one of the other styles. Got the spectator wedges from Remix in a size as per their size chart but they were way too big. Guessed my way down to a size 9 (I'm UK 6.5 and I think that's a US 8.5) and they fit perfectly. But, Remix say the other shoe styles run true to size (the wedges being sized larger). Anybody bought anything else other than the wedges to see if that's true? I'd like the Deco, but it takes so long to get them if you have to return a wrong size, that I'd like to be fairly sure whether I ought to order the 8.5 or 9. Help appreciated.:)

maisie

Practically Family
We i'm a UK 7, and i got a size 10 (cause they were the ones being sold on ebay for like a 1/3 of the price!!) And they fit perfectly and they are SO comftable, but i can also ajust them to make them smaller, so i reckon a 9 will be alright for a UK 6.5!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I just recently picked up a pair of the Re-mix babydoll pumps in 10, and they fit me perfectly -- even though according to the thingie at the shoe store I'm a 9 1/2. Given the height of the heel, and the fact that my puppies don't like to be cramped, I figured I'd be better off going up a half size -- and it seemed to work out OK.

They were *very* stiff when I first got them, and that made me wonder if they were going to be too small even though they were a half-size big. But they've loosened up quite nicely with wear, and now I actually find them rather comfy -- I can wear them thru a full shift at the theatre with no problems.

Caledonia

Practically Family
That's useful Lizzie, thanks. I'm pretty sure a 6.5UK is an 8.5 US, so from your description I think I'll go with the 9. Thanks. :)

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Ladies--this is almost spooky--I just sent an email to ReMix asking about shoes and came upon this lovely thread.

I was convinced to get a pair after a friend told me she has nearly worn hers to shreds. I'm OK with breaking in a pair of shoes.

I like the fact that they have a low heel--something I can run around work in. And I love the wedges, I just wish one of those styles had a back to intead of an open heel!

I tried to get onto www.Arisallen.com, but the site isn't up yet, which is a real shame, but am looking forward to checking them out.

Oh, and I tried to see if I could find any on eBay and all I came up with was these crazy Miss Elliot "REMIX" ADIAS sneakers. Hilarious! Ah well!

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
I still curse the day I purchased my first pair of remix wedges (the slingback style with the bow clips.) They fit well, but are so stiff I walk out of them all the time; and the shoes are so darn slippery I spend the entire day concentrating on not falling down. But a few years after I purchased my first pair, I purchased the same style in grass green, and the leather is really soft, making them more comfortable. If I sat the two pairs next to each other, judging by the quality of the leather, you’d never be able to guess that they were from the same company.

I also have another style in black, and they’re one of my favorite pairs of shoes. Just this past Saturday, I spent the entire day on my feet marching in a rally and carrying a really heavy banner; I also spent the entire morning, afternoon, and evening walking around doing political work outside. But my feet were perfectly comfortable, and, even though the shoes were put through the mill, they held up very well without scuffs. The same can’t be said for other shoes I’ve worn on similar days.

It‚Äôs my opinion that‚Äôs it‚Äôs hit or miss with Remix. I bought their ‚Äò50s ballet flats in red, which fit perfectly, but when I bought them in brown in the same size, they were about a ¬? size too small! And my best girlfriend tried on a pair that were actually two different sizes. I think the same goes for quality, too. I also don‚Äôt believe their shoes are worth $136, but I pay it, because there really aren‚Äôt too many other choices out there.

maisie

Practically Family
No it wasn't the Deco's that i got, it was actually the wedges with the bows on as mentioned above! I think that these are so comfy as the leather is soft and they have a padded insole! But i do admit the soles are very slippery, i tried to climb up a bank of grass, at a military show so i could see the arena lol, but i slid straight back down!!:eusa_doh:

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Maisie, I’m such a horrible klutz that I have no business wearing slippery shoes! About a year and a half ago I was walking down a hilly street in San Francisco that is packed with tourists (Powell St. for those who know SF), and I slipped on a tomato slice that someone had dropped from their sandwich. I ended up falling into the front splits position, and actually fell down the hill in a perfect splits position! The top of my back foot, which dragged on the sidewalk behind me, was a bloody mess, and the tomato slice remained stuck under my front heel so that I somehow fell for nearly a quarter of a city block! My ego was wounded, and a cable car full of tourists caught the splits/fall on home video – some of them cheered.

Two or three days later I was doing my taxes on the floor of my apartment, and slipped on a tax form, falling flat on my back (hardwood floors). A few days later, I watered my plants, and some water spilled on the floor…you know where I’m going with this.

Anyhow, like I said, I have no business wearing slippery shoes. So, I cringe when I drop $138 for Remix shoes when I know the tragedy that lies ahead.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I have found mine to be slippery until I scuffed the bottoms up. You can also find non-slip pads that you stick on the bottom--I need to get some of those because I am a complete klutz too! I roll my feet outward, which wears the outer edge of the shoes down, so that eventually I have a "shoe blow out" (or a series of these mishaps) as I am walking along lol

decodoll

Practically Family
Rebecca D said:
Maisie, I’m such a horrible klutz that I have no business wearing slippery shoes! About a year and a half ago I was walking down a hilly street in San Francisco that is packed with tourists (Powell St. for those who know SF), and I slipped on a tomato slice that someone had dropped from their sandwich. I ended up falling into the front splits position, and actually fell down the hill in a perfect splits position! The top of my back foot, which dragged on the sidewalk behind me, was a bloody mess, and the tomato slice remained stuck under my front heel so that I somehow fell for nearly a quarter of a city block! My ego was wounded, and a cable car full of tourists caught the splits/fall on home video – some of them cheered.

I did almost this exact same thing on Powell street!!!! Only there was no tomato involved, and I didn't slide quite as far! lol I slipped on one of those darn underground elevator doorways one of the rare times I was wearing flats downtown.

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Decodoll, I fell on a metal sidewalk door one morning when we were having a rainstorm. Those things are awful when it rains. And that was one of those ugly, arms flailing, slow motion falls.

I have probably fallen down in every neighborhood in San Francisco, including the two times I literally fell, face first, off the edge of the sidewalk when I was about to cross the street - this happened downtown and on Haight St. Then there was the time out in the Avenues where I guess I just forgot to raise my foot when I was stepping up onto the curb. The list goes on and on.

Now, imagine if I wore high heels.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Rebecca, sounds like you could write one funny book (and I am not laughing at you, you just have such a descriptive style of writing that I was right there falling with you :) )

I recall a number of occasions when I have fallen down the stairs (I don't need to use that bottom step!) and a few times I have fallen up the stairs, too. Consequently, I cringe whenever I have to use the stairs and walk 10 times slower than everyone else :rolleyes:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We need to start a chapter of Klutzes Anonymous here. I took a spill like that in the supermarket once -- I was on my way home from an event at the theatre, and I was dressed to the nines, vintage suit, heels, hat, gloves, and thought I was looking pretty darn good until I didn't notice an egg someone had dropped on the floor and ended up doing a perfect Buster Keaton pratfall. *That* got me noticed.

I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one having problems with slippery Remix soles. The carpets on the stairs at the theatre are very slippery themselves, and when I first got the shoes I made a grand entrance to show them off to the popcorn gal, slipped on the stairs, and nearly broke both my kneecaps. Plus I ruined a brand new pair of Magnolia stockings -- $12 down the tube, grrrr.

"Nice shoes," said the popcorn girl as she helped me up. "You want some iodine for your knees?"

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I can relate,but I'm not so much the fall down type.I'm more the walk into things or hit myself type.
The hubby and I had just started seeing each other,hadn't officially started dating,and he walked me to my car after a night of dancing.You can imagine the romantic possibilities that entailed.
Needless to say,I was quite distracted and managed to smack myself in the head with my own door when getting in the car.Apparently I had tried closing the door before I was actually inside the car.
He still won't let me forget that one!lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn