Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Removing Blood Stains?

Bunny

New in Town
GalFriday!

Forget Oxyclean. Forget hydrogen peroxide. Use GalFriday. It's the best non abrasive cleaner on the market. Dilute it in warm water. Use a soft bristled brush to work it into the stain, let it soak for a bit and then use a boning tool or the end of a hard plastic knife to first tap the stain. Then scrape the stain as gently as possible. Then wash or dry clean as usual. I don't recommend scraping the fabric if it's particularly gentle, if it is just let it soak longer.

I used to work in a costume shop and I was the only one in the building who did spot washing and laundry. This is a great product. It gets rid of anything. I've removed old makeup, underarm stains, blood, red lipstick, dried red wine, water stains, grease stains, dye stains from other saturated fabrics...the list goes on! The shop had access to reall great, but toxic professional dry cleaning products, but GalFriday worked everytime! I also use it at home! I should also mention that GalFriday does have a strong smell. Use it in a ventilated area.

I also used GalFriday in tandem with another product called Zout. Don't dilute the Zout, just apply it to the stain before the GalFriday directly from the bottle.

Both of these are available at Safeway (at least here in Canada) in the laundry detergent aisle. It costs about $12 and is packaged in a white, cylindrical bottle with a small pop top lid. The lable is blue and pink. I tried to find a picture online, but came up short.

Happy Cleaning! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats