Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Report: Cashmere caps from Lock & Co

londonboy

Familiar Face
I submit for your perusal two flat caps from Lock & Co. These are handmade by their tailor of decades, Mr. Gill, and note the impressive pattern matching. These are made of light Scottish cashmere, not tweed, making them more comfortable on one's head. These are thin enough to be wearable in the tropics but sufficiently warm in a London winter. I was informed that the store only stocks a handful in each size, as Mr. Gill cannot be rushed.

I understand that flat caps and newsboys are "coming back" and these are simply the best in the world.

lock1dc8.jpg

JEEP

Practically Family
These are quite impressive indeed - the gray heeriingbone is just beautiful. How much did you pay for them if I may ask?

/Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
londonboy said:
139 quid, and these are never discounted as there is a shortage.

Sounds like a perfectly fair price to me. I work at a hunting store and I am sometimes suprised about the pricetags on much poorer quality mass produced caps.

/Jakob

jkingrph

Practically Family
Nice, I like the houndstooth.

I picked up a nice one about 17 years ago, time flies, at the Cotswold woolen weavers in Filkins. I was over there manning a USAF contingency hospital during Desert storm, at a place called Little Rissington. Beautiful country.

My cap of course is wool and it seems to have shrunk over the years and is a beautiful tweed of light and med beige colors, none dyed, but woven from wool of a breed of sheep that has different colors. I brought back several yards of material for my wife and she had a nice ladies blazer made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt