Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Repro N-1 Deck Jacket Differences????

Ross817

New in Town
I notice the N1 Deck Jacket doesn't get mentioned all that often, but I had a question.

I am looking a either a Buzz Rickson or a The Real McCoy's Repro. Have any of yall handled both? My biggest concern is the itchyness of the Alpaca/Wool blend. I will probably be only wearing a t-shirt underneath most of the time so sleeve lining material will also be a factor.

Anyway thanks in advance for anyones input!

-Ross

pauleway

Practically Family
I notice the N1 Deck Jacket doesn't get mentioned all that often, but I had a question.

I am looking a either a Buzz Rickson or a The Real McCoy's Repro. Have any of yall handled both? My biggest concern is the itchyness of the Alpaca/Wool blend. I will probably be only wearing a t-shirt underneath most of the time so sleeve lining material will also be a factor.

Anyway thanks in advance for anyones input!

-Ross

I have the Buzz Rickson, nice jacket but has Alpaca lining in sleeves, so if you're sensitive to that I'd try to find one with some other lining in sleeves. Not sure about the RM, but my BR is a very warm and durable jacket, and I'm sure there are some out there with a "not so itchy" sleeve lining. The original spec ones do have the Alpaca sleeve lining in them!

Ross817

New in Town
Pauleway, i appreciate the info. This may be a weird question, but is it easy to move in? Or is the overall weight of the jacket restricting at all?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RM is better in terms of quality. It is however slimmer and more Asian size. Another thing about the Alpaca/Wool is that it is not as durable as the synthetic.

Edward

Bartender
If it's anything like their B10, the Pike will be not quite as accurate, maybe, as the Japanese options (though you'd have to be really up on details to notice), but built like a tank. Aero refer to the Pikes they carry alongside their own B10s as "over-engineered", which appeals to me. I've had my eye on the possibility of a Pike N1 for a bit, just for something different. I quite like the idea of one with some stenciling on there...

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I have owned the Buzz Rickson N-1 Deck Jacket for several years. I have found mine to be very well made, very comfortable to wear (easy to move in) and very warm.

- Ian

Qinhan

Familiar Face
I've got one of the more recent BR iterations of the N-1 and agree with what others have said about its warmth and comfort. I don't find the alpaca itchy or irritating in the slightest and like the fairly slim cut.

tudo

New in Town
I have a Pike Brothers N-1 and it is incredibly tough and well made. Also the wool pile lining is soft and very warm. The jacket is also very comfortable to wear, allowing for plenty of movement but still keeping a nice trim 1940's style. Definitely worth considering.

Ross817

New in Town
Thanks everybody for the valuable input. Gonna get a Rickson jacket on order the third when HPA gets back from the holiday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 4

Ross817

New in Town
Thanks to everyones input on this tread I ended up with one of HPA's Buzz Rickson+William Gibson Black N-1's. I can not be more stoked on this jacket. Construction is outstanding and this thing is warm. HPA was a pleasure to deal with as well.

Anyway, I appreciate all the input!

-Ross

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Congrats. I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of both deck jackets. I've had my BR N-1 for 5 years and it's one of my go-to jackets on the colder days of the year. It's very warm (and comfortable).

- Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy