Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Return of the russet band to scoutmaster hats

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The return of the russet leather hatband to scoutmaster hats. Ask and you shall receive. The 1930s original leather hatband is in the middle, the dark brown version was common from the 1940s until… about January of this year. As I needed a replacement band since the 1930s one I had finally decayed beyond use, I spoke to @boyscoutsofamerica about when they’d get a resupply of replacement hatbands. It took about 2 years, but I’m happy to say BSA finally made them, and they went with the old school color of the one I’d been petitioning for, russet. By the by, from 1922 to around 1960, the campaign hats for scout leaders had a wider brim than a standard military campaign hat.

EF0D683D-8FDD-45E4-B118-7818B4BDD17C.jpeg
IMG_7955.jpeg
IMG_7947.jpeg

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The return of the russet leather hatband to scoutmaster hats. Ask and you shall receive. The 1930s original leather hatband is in the middle, the dark brown version was common from the 1940s until… about January of this year. As I needed a replacement band since the 1930s one I had finally decayed beyond use, I spoke to @boyscoutsofamerica about when they’d get a resupply of replacement hatbands. It took about 2 years, but I’m happy to say BSA finally made them, and they went with the old school color of the one I’d been petitioning for, russet. By the by, from 1922 to around 1960, the campaign hats for scout leaders had a wider brim than a standard military campaign hat.

View attachment 601261 View attachment 601266 View attachment 601265
Nice! I have a campaign hat in need of a band. May need to see how much to get one shipped across the 49th.
All these years and I never know you were a scout. Hello brother from the Northern Lights Region.
Johnny

Edward

Bartender
I was involed in the Scouts from 1980 to about 1992, and an ASL for a couple of years. Good times. Would have loved a campaign hat. The standard hats in UK & Ireland in my day were a traditional cap for Cubs and a green, military style beret for Scouts. As our Troop were designated Sea Scouts from the 70s, though, we had to qear dorky looking sailor hats. Vit tempted to pick up one of these campaign hats...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner