Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Review your Cuban...

Eduard

Familiar Face
On our (Dutch) cigars club forum members like to review recent smokes. Maybe it's an idea for this Connoisseur corner as well :)

As a starter I will review a Partagas. It comes from a 2005 box. Please keep in mind that the review is just my opinion. In case of doubt you should try this cigar yourselves...

Brand: Partagas
Type: Partagas Serie P No 2
Vitola: Piramide
Manufactured: Hand Made
Length: 156
Ring: 52

Intro:
Habanos S.A. presented proudly the most eagerly-awaited cigar: The Partagas Serie P No. 2. The Serie P No. 2 is made by hand of leaves carefully selected from the best tobacco plantations in the Vuelta Abajo area. They come in the 52-gauge pyramid (or torpedo) size, that is 6 inches (156 millimeters) long. Their blend"”created by experts"”bears the seal of this brand and the distinctive taste of its world-famous Series line, whose standard-bearer is the Partagás Series D No. 4. The Pirámide Vitola, also known as Torpedo, is one of the most sough after and highly appreciated sizes among the enthusiasts in the art of smoking.

Part_SP2_grand.jpg

My review:
This is absolutely one of the top ten habanos of all, and in my humble opinion, the best pirámide. The construction is fantastic, almost always with beautiful dark caps. The flavors are around the sweet earthy profile. The first half is very complex, earthy with a delicate spicy profile, reminding of cinnamon and vainilla. The last half explodes in your mouth with dark chocolate and espresso undertones. Just awesome!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Nicely Done Eduard!
Don't forget the body of that cigar in the last third! Whew! Powerful!
I had one on an empty stomach one time....:eek:

Eduard

Familiar Face
rmrdaddy said:
Nicely Done Eduard!
Don't forget the body of that cigar in the last third! Whew! Powerful!
I had one on an empty stomach one time....:eek:

No nicotine rush??? :eusa_doh: This is definitely a after diner cigar :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran