Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rick's Jacket

Raider

One of the Regulars
Looking for a jacket like this....anyone have a suggestion? This is the only pic I have...there is a better shot of it where he is on the boat but I can't find it.
ro.jpg

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I remember - it was a pretty plain canvas or perhaps linen coat, probably unlined since it was desert attire. It's a pretty ordinary-looking style of jacket. Undoubtedly something the studio had in their costume inventory or had the costume department whip up. I think Peterman and Banana Republic both carried similar long ago - before Gap bought Banana Republic and turned their stores into just another Gap with the same blah fashions their others stores carry.

Edward

Bartender
Puts me in mind of the sort of travel blazers that Orvis and the likes do nowadays, though that one would presumably be without the multi-pockets and other modern touches.

I bought this jacket in Muji, back in 1999:

UploadedSat060908020.jpg

Very basic, body shape. Totally unlined, and only the two hip patch pockets. All cotton. Not a jacket that is really anything more than a cover. I find it great, though, for conditions which are too hot for any other kind of a jacket (I prefer to keep as much of me covered from the Sun as is absolutely possible - the photo above was taken in Beijing in late May 2008, at a temperature of approx 30 degrees celcius). Fine also for the lightest of Summer evening breezes. If memory serves, I bought it in a half price sale, for GBP25 or thereabouts. I hesitated and went back several times, but ultimately I've been very glad of it as it has been a great travel companion. I've also worn it in some situations in lieu of a blazer where the latter would be an inconvenience while travelling and business-casual is passable.

Raider

One of the Regulars
Got a better look at the jacket by watching the movie on a laptop....I now think it is wool....Looks really thick..has patches on the shoulders and six pockets....not sure how comfortable it would really be in the desert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24