Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RMC J24 Buco with green lining - what year?

SimonB

New in Town
Hi all, does anyone know what years Real McCoys did the Buco J24 double rider with a green lining - also if it's the newer fit.

The seller is a bit unclear about this, so your help is appreciated, thanks!

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
It wont be the new 2021 fit, the ones with green liners are from quite a few years ago I think - Im sure someone on here will be able to give you a more exact date!

Hi all, does anyone know what years Real McCoys did the Buco J24 double rider with a green lining - also if it's the newer fit.

The seller is a bit unclear about this, so your help is appreciated, thanks!
I remember seeing that lining around 2015 when the jacket was available at a NYC retailer (the name of the shop alludes me) maybe Blue in Green or something like that.

SimonB

New in Town
Thanks everyone, great knowledge! The seller either didn't know / was being deliberately being obscure about its age so that's super helpful.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everyone, great knowledge! The seller either didn't know / was being deliberately being obscure about its age so that's super helpful.
Does age really matter?

What's important is condition and size/measurements right? And maybe whether or not it's the 'new fit' if that's what you're looking for but those with the green lining certainly aren't.

SimonB

New in Town
Does age really matter?

What's important is condition and size/measurements right? And maybe whether or not it's the 'new fit' if that's what you're looking for but those with the green lining certainly aren't.
Good point, in this case it's more about the fit as the new fit measurements work better for me.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If my memory serves me right, the green lining is between 2009 and around 2014.
As you can see in this Jan 2015 blog, the lining is black. I recall the black lining coming out in fall 2014. I was able to get a old stock green lining J-24 brand new at a discount on Rakuten in 2014 when the shop was making way for the new version.
http://www.realmccoys.co.jp/blog/shop/2015/01/-j-24-jacket.html

Last edited:

Blackadder

Incidentally, the J-24L which came out in 2012 has always come with black lining. I think RM finally decide to match the J-24 with the J-24L in 2015.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I think I still have a Japanese magazine with a green lining j24 back in 2007? I might be wrong. However, It would help to see an image of the jacket. If if a j24L at least it would narrow the year. Look for damage in the male part of the zipper tape and sleeves. Repairs can quickly add up.

Blackadder

It's this one

Interestingly it shares some of the pics with this one listed by a seller in Japan so not sure what's going on there.
This one is I think an even older version than mine and could be the one photo2u is talking about. I have doubts whether this one is shiniki leather. Here is an older not shiniki one made by the Few for RM.
https://jp.mercari.com/item/m64202801763
There are lots of people flipping goods from Japan's sites. Those people do not own the item, they turn around to buy from Japanese sites only if a buyer bites. Telltale sign is every item photographed in different background.

Last edited:

SimonB

New in Town
Oldest version with the d pocket zipping in the upward direction. Did you buy it?
Looks like someone did, not me though. Thanks everyone for your help, hopefully whoever bought it receives what they were expecting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto