Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Role Club "Boots by Brian" Engineer horsehide

omaramos

New in Town
Just received.
Order took 6 months from down payment to construction complete.
I followed all fit instructions on the Role Club website.
Placed $200 deposit and waited.

The best smelling leather boots. Intoxicating.
They slid on very easily and then I adjusted the buckles to my preference.
I ordered the half height "Cuban" or "Woodsman heel". No regrets in this decision.

View attachment 120297 View attachment 120298 View attachment 120299 View attachment 120300 View attachment 120301 View attachment 120302 View attachment 120303

The leather is from the "strip" area of the horse. Tough yet pliable and a joy to the touch. The black color is deep and attractive.
I went with the natural finish after much self debate.
Totally comfortable and very easy to walk in. Stylish and functional.
Will be trying them out on the motorcycle in a few hours.
Brian is cordial, friendly and easy to work with.
what a lovely boot. and thank you for talking about the leather in detail also. definitely going to go with the black. but did Brian explain the different and the price points between the strip and the super horsehide? so this is the shorter woodsman heel? i am debating between the regular and the short. I'm just not sure how easy the regular would be to walk in and it's good to know the shorter heel is easy to walk in. also I'm mulling over the soft vs hard toe.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
what a lovely boot. and thank you for talking about the leather in detail also. definitely going to go with the black. but did Brian explain the different and the price points between the strip and the super horsehide? so this is the shorter woodsman heel? i am debating between the regular and the short. I'm just not sure how easy the regular would be to walk in and it's good to know the shorter heel is easy to walk in. also I'm mulling over the soft vs hard toe.

I went with the shorter woodsman heel. I debated going with the taller one but am happy I settled with the shorter version. I never had any discussion about the type of horsehide. I just went with what I believe he had at the time. It looks like there is a choice now. If there was a choice at the time I did not even consider it. I believe mine is the strip horsehide. Thick, durable and nice looking. Is the super horsehide thicker? If so I personally would stick with the strip. The strip provides plenty of protection if you ride motorcycles but is still comfortable and stylish. My toe is the soft design. I do not know if there was even a choice when I ordered mine but it would not make any difference as I love the look of the soft flatter toe design.

omaramos

New in Town
Just received.
Order took 6 months from down payment to construction complete.
I followed all fit instructions on the Role Club website.
Placed $200 deposit and waited.

The best smelling leather boots. Intoxicating.
They slid on very easily and then I adjusted the buckles to my preference.
I ordered the half height "Cuban" or "Woodsman heel". No regrets in this decision.

View attachment 120297 View attachment 120298 View attachment 120299 View attachment 120300 View attachment 120301 View attachment 120302 View attachment 120303

The leather is from the "strip" area of the horse. Tough yet pliable and a joy to the touch. The black color is deep and attractive.
I went with the natural finish after much self debate.
Totally comfortable and very easy to walk in. Stylish and functional.
Will be trying them out on the motorcycle in a few hours.
Brian is cordial, friendly and easy to work with.
I went with the shorter woodsman heel. I debated going with the taller one but am happy I settled with the shorter version. I never had any discussion about the type of horsehide. I just went with what I believe he had at the time. It looks like there is a choice now. If there was a choice at the time I did not even consider it. I believe mine is the strip horsehide. Thick, durable and nice looking. Is the super horsehide thicker? If so I personally would stick with the strip. The strip provides plenty of protection if you ride motorcycles but is still comfortable and stylish. My toe is the soft design. I do not know if there was even a choice when I ordered mine but it would not make any difference as I love the look of the soft flatter toe design.
i filled in the boot form but am concerned i may have got the measurements wrong some how. i wonder whether he would facetime me to check im not screwing that up. definitely the most expensive shoes i’ve bought and want to be sure. i’ll discuss the specifics ie short or regular heel, soft toe versus hard. i’ve heard the strip is amazing leather.

sweetfights

i filled in the boot form but am concerned i may have got the measurements wrong some how. i wonder whether he would facetime me to check im not screwing that up. definitely the most expensive shoes i’ve bought and want to be sure. i’ll discuss the specifics ie short or regular heel, soft toe versus hard. i’ve heard the strip is amazing leather.

I think it is worth a try. Why not see if Brian will facetime? I sent in my measurements after checking many times and I too was concerned about mistakes on my end. That is normal given the cost. I did conclude that my boots were not as trim/tight-fitting as I would like so I did a few things after checking with Brian. I completely soaked the boots in water for an hour- submerged. Then wore them until they were dry. I still wanted a closer fit so I simply added some good quality insoles. They then fit perfectly to my liking. Better slightly too large/roomy than too tight. Slightly too roomy boots can be remedied. Too tight and you would be looking at stretching them- still doable though. I am very satisfied with the strip leather. Too thick a leather would not be comfortable potentially.

omaramos

New in Town
I think it is worth a try. Why not see if Brian will facetime? I sent in my measurements after checking many times and I too was concerned about mistakes on my end. That is normal given the cost. I did conclude that my boots were not as trim/tight-fitting as I would like so I did a few things after checking with Brian. I completely soaked the boots in water for an hour- submerged. Then wore them until they were dry. I still wanted a closer fit so I simply added some good quality insoles. They then fit perfectly to my liking. Better slightly too large/roomy than too tight. Slightly too roomy boots can be remedied. Too tight and you would be looking at stretching them- still doable though. I am very satisfied with the strip leather. Too thick a leather would not be comfortable potentially.
man, i’m new to fedora lounge but people here are so helpful. i went on a deep dive on here before deciding to go with TRM for some leather jackets and i’m not disappointed. i’d narrowed down the boots i wanted to between role club and clinch but decided on role club as i really want the strip leather that brian selects.

sweetfights

man, i’m new to fedora lounge but people here are so helpful. i went on a deep dive on here before deciding to go with TRM for some leather jackets and i’m not disappointed. i’d narrowed down the boots i wanted to between role club and clinch but decided on role club as i really want the strip leather that brian selects.
Welcome to TFL!! This forum has a great number of awesome people who love helping and sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo