Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

S. H. Knopf Mfg. Co.

Yu-kun

New in Town
Bought Knopf nubuck leather jacket.
i-img640x640-16939597205hcjkm211356.jpg
i-img640x640-1693959720l7uhwv199206.jpg

Yu-kun

New in Town
My first "definitely" 1940s leather jacket. I like the belt part as a feature even though not quite useful.

FLASH1970

New in Town
First post!! thanks for approving my account admins. i came across this forum looking for a label to my Knopf jacket. i saw this thread and noticed my Knopf jacket is not from Boston like the rest in here seem to be... mine is a leather 3/4 jacket thats about 55 years old. it was my grandfathers, then my dad's, who gave it to me. i took it to a place to get 'altered' to fit me better. well, they cut the jacket in half added material in the middle that isnt even close to matching, and it doesnt fit at all now, and before cutting the jacket in half they didnt remove the label... if anyone has any leads on where i can get an original label or one made please let me know.

not sure why the first picture of the unhacked label is sideways. i tried fixing it but cant so sorry for that. when you click the picture, it enlarges right side up.

Attachments

• 20231018_150512.jpg
    20231018_150512.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20231117_091111_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_091111_Gallery.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 35

Yu-kun

New in Town
First post!! thanks for approving my account admins. i came across this forum looking for a label to my Knopf jacket. i saw this thread and noticed my Knopf jacket is not from Boston like the rest in here seem to be... mine is a leather 3/4 jacket thats about 55 years old. it was my grandfathers, then my dad's, who gave it to me. i took it to a place to get 'altered' to fit me better. well, they cut the jacket in half added material in the middle that isnt even close to matching, and it doesnt fit at all now, and before cutting the jacket in half they didnt remove the label... if anyone has any leads on where i can get an original label or one made please let me know.

not sure why the first picture of the unhacked label is sideways. i tried fixing it but cant so sorry for that. when you click the picture, it enlarges right side up.
Well, at least I can tell the jacket was made in 1960s with the statement "Sportswear" and the hunger metal chain. Could be 50s , but most likely 60s. If you have pictures of zippers and buttons, things would be more clarified.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy