Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sad but true

Phil_UK

New in Town
As I've been going over the site and reading the older posts it has reminded me of when I used to collect. I had during the 80's a vast collection original magazines, maps, coins, letters, clothing etc all from the 40's, or before. Then along came my ex-wife who had a taste for the bright life and over the period of about 5 years my collection became smaller and smaller, as things were sold to keep the happy train rolling along. Then I had the great misfortune to have someone take what remained of my collection to be valued. That was the last time I saw any of it, no collection and no money. He'd given false name, address and everything else, even the shop he worked for had never heard of him. So up in smoke went about ?Ǭ£4000. I stopped collecting after that. We parted company once things got a little rougher, well you know the old story. Off went the money and off went the wife. Now my life's started to turn around and the old collecting fever is smouldering again. Money's not great at the moment, young family etc. But sometime soon I can see myself back in that collecting mindset again. Just thought I'd share this with you.

Regards Phil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails