Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sale at Trickers on Jermyn Street

matei

One Too Many
Hello all,

There is a nice sale going over at Trickers on Jermyn Street, so I stopped in over the weekend and came away with 3 new pairs of shoes.

I purchased my first pair about 1 year ago, and they've been the most comfy shoe I've ever worn. No problems, no painful break-in period.

Here is the first pair:
243ere2.jpg

They're lightweight canvas & leather, perfect for the summer (and surprsingly warm weather here).

They had black & white and brown & white spectators on sale as well, but I don't have anything to match them with. The above shoes suit my wardrobe much better at the moment.

Here are the next pair:
52c9re2.jpg

A good pair of sturdy, yet light, brown leather shoes. The colour doesn't show up so well in this pic, they're a nice shade of brown - almost honey in colour.

... and finally - these:
a3a2re2.jpg

Just like the brown ones - but in black!

I like the last that Trickers uses for the last two pairs, I have wide feet and it suits me fine.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Thanks for the heads-up, Matei. I think I might take a wander down to St James's and pick up the monk shoes I've been lusting over.

matei

One Too Many
I think I paid about half off of what they usually charge.

I usually wear a 10.5, but on some of their lasts I'm actually a 10 or even a 9.5! It was good that I popped into their shop rather than ordering over the Internet.

The number isn't important - it is the fit that counts!

matei

One Too Many
Thanks! I was looking forward to wearing them today, but my wife's critical eye stopped me dead in my tracks. Seems that they didn't quite match what I was wearing...

Colour matching has always been my biggest problem.

So - based on those colours... Do they need to match your trousers/jacket/shirt? Can they be a shade or so off?

For example... I was going to wear them with a pair of darker linen trousers and a brown (darkish) linen jacket. [huh]

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
shoes should always be co-ordinated with the trouser since that's what they're closest to.

i reckon they'd look swankadelic under a pale grey trouser or a sandy-brown trouser. cream too. actually it would be harder to pick colours they WOULDN'T go with.

(listen to the missus but trust your own eye too)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
herringbonekid said:
here's a pair of leather and canvas shoes i bought from crockett and jones, also in jermyn street, a couple of years ago. i wear these a lot in summer...

crockett.jpg

Do you use shoe trees?

matei

One Too Many
Nice shoes, 'Kid. I like the detailed, tooled leather caps.

I really should gets some shoe trees, but I haven't got around to it yet. I rotate through my shoes pretty regularly (habit I picked up in the army - alternate that footware soldier) so they haven't had the chance to curl up or whatever it is they are supposed to do.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Salv said:
Last time I went to IKEA they were selling a pair of shoe trees for just 99p
PE114436.jpg

Maybe not as classy as some, but better than nothing.

That's all you need. They make a world of difference.

matei

One Too Many
Yes, they're a greenish-olive colour. I didn't use flash, just a wee tripod and 10-sec timer. I hate flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo