Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Francisco Dry Cleaner and Tailor

Mrs. Foss

New in Town
Hello all,

I know that there are a few people on this board who live in San Francisco. I hope that you can help me.

After having a dress ruined by my local dry cleaner and un-asked for alterations made by the local tailor who thought they were doing me a "favor", I'm looking for somewhere better to take my clothes.

Does anyone know of a good dry cleaner and a good tailor in San Francisco? Thanks so much.

~Mrs. Foss

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well I dont know about a dry clener, but on Geary, near Hyde, there is this GREAT looking tailor. Hes always dressed to the 9s (slacks, vest dress shirt) and his shop is a nice little place from what I see. Its right between Hyde and Levenworth on Geary St. The best time to go is before 4pm.

Good luck,

LD

magneto

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
Well I dont know about a dry clener, but on Geary, near Hyde, there is this GREAT looking tailor. Hes always dressed to the 9s (slacks, vest dress shirt) and his shop is a nice little place from what I see. Its right between Hyde and Levenworth on Geary St. The best time to go is before 4pm.

Good luck,

LD

That's James Lee, right, a block or so from the Goodwill? I've only had one small job done there, but he does good tailoring work.
Re: that neighborhood, I would suggest not going to the tailor next door to the Gaylord Hotel (perhaps he's just not good with women's clothes...but I imagine that's what you want altered!)

UPDATE: and sorry, I don't know a good dry cleaner, but will be anxiously watching this thread because I need one!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
magneto said:
That's James Lee, right, a block or so from the Goodwill? I've only had one small job done there, but he does good tailoring work.
Re: that neighborhood, I would suggest not going to the tailor next door to the Gaylord Hotel (perhaps he's just not good with women's clothes...but I imagine that's what you want altered!)

UPDATE: and sorry, I don't know a good dry cleaner, but will be anxiously watching this thread because I need one!

Yup. I guess that is him. I live a block from there, so when Im walking my doggie, I pass by that shop often. He always looks so professional. If I didnt sew, Id totally go to him :)

LD

skillbilly

One of the Regulars
I used to go to a dry cleaners in the Mission at 20th & lexington(one block east of Valencia) and in lower pac heights on California between Divisadero & Broderick. They both worked great while I was in the city.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran