Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 141

jahwick79

New in Town
I wanted some advice on if I should have gotten a smaller size. Fit is very comfortable, and would probably allow me to wear a sweater underneath. Jacket is a Shcott 141 sz 40. Im 5'7" 170 pounds with a 40" chest and fairly broad shoulders.
Im also looking to buy a Perfect 613, when I tired them on I was told to go with a 40, but I could not move comfortably at all. Im not sure of the breaking in period. My 141 feels very stiff right now, so im wearing it as I type. Thanks to the community in advance.

Attachments

• IMG-5900.jpg
    IMG-5900.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 275

RedWolf

New in Town
I wanted some advice on if I should have gotten a smaller size. Fit is very comfortable, and would probably allow me to wear a sweater underneath. Jacket is a Shcott 141 sz 40. Im 5'7" 170 pounds with a 40" chest and fairly broad shoulders.
Im also looking to buy a Perfect 613, when I tired them on I was told to go with a 40, but I could not move comfortably at all. Im not sure of the breaking in period. My 141 feels very stiff right now, so im wearing it as I type. Thanks to the community in advance.
The fit looks good. The shoulder seam looks like it falls at the right spot and the sleeve length looks perfect. I have the 641 Schott and really like it. The Schott cut allows for good movement as these are riding jackets. Here is a pic of mine.

Attachments

• 20220213_105013.jpg
    20220213_105013.jpg
    667.3 KB · Views: 411

jahwick79

New in Town
Awesome thanks for that. Your fit looks on point. This Jacket seems a lot stiffer then I thought it would be, but Schott said different jackets will feel Stiffer/softer. Guess it will take some time to break in . It creaks when I move lol.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
you got the right size. 141 is comically oversized but with your build, it works. The gussets are deeper than with the cross zips, almost half action back kind of thing and you got the footballs too for mobility. So you could push a 38 if you wanted to go for a more tighter cafe look, but I think you're good with the 40.

141 has super easy break in. probably after 10 wears you'll be good. You can roll it up into a log when your bored and toss it around. It's not going to develop super grain but it will get very soft very quickly. If you like the creases look on your sleeves, you can speed up the process by smearing some water on your sleeves while you're wearing. Don't over do it but a few splashes and kind of rub it in and then start flexing LOL.

RedWolf

New in Town
you got the right size. 141 is comically oversized but with your build, it works. The gussets are deeper than with the cross zips, almost half action back kind of thing and you got the footballs too for mobility. So you could push a 38 if you wanted to go for a more tighter cafe look, but I think you're good with the 40.

141 has super easy break in. probably after 10 wears you'll be good. You can roll it up into a log when your bored and toss it around. It's not going to develop super grain but it will get very soft very quickly. If you like the creases look on your sleeves, you can speed up the process by smearing some water on your sleeves while you're wearing. Don't over do it but a few splashes and kind of rub it in and then start flexing LOL.

Breaking in requires time snd movement.

Last edited:

jahwick79

New in Town
Lol, that's awesome, thanks very much for the advice . I will definelty try all of these things, mostly ill just wear it constantly for as long as possible. I tried one on at the store that was softer, but I guess leather will walls be different.

jahwick79

New in Town

Thank you very much

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
FYI, on the 613. Do you ride? If you don't I wouldn't suggest getting it because of how you're reacting to the 141 break in. Once your 141 breaks in, you're going to love it. It'll take the 613 ten years to get like that. It's a good riding jacket because of the top coat. So if you don't ride, I'd suggest 118 (add the stars if you want) or 519. If you do ride, then it's a great choice, but don't expect it to ever feel like your 141.

Don't get me wrong, love the 613, but since you're complaining on break in of 141, 613 will be brutal in comparison (not for pliability, but for softness).

Also on 613, you're probably a 42. 118 you'd be a 40 (will fit slightly tighter than 141 because the gussets aren't as deep). 519 is tricky fit. Medium would be super tight, so you probably a large.

jahwick79

New in Town
Sorry, my question was more about the fact that I tried a 141 on at Schott and it was much softer then what I was delivered. I don't mind breaking in a jacket at all, even if it takes years. Thats the whole point of why I bought quality and not a BOSS leather jacket. Thank you very much for the advice though, I will certainly see into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider