Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 141

Asinyne

New in Town
Do the Schott 141s have standard length sleeves, or are there specific versions that have shorter sleeves? I was talking to a guy about one and he said the sleeves are closer to 22” in length which seems…odd. I know some jackets might fluctuate here and there a bit, but that seems to be about 3”-4” shorter than I would’ve guessed (unless it was measured wrong?)

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Do the Schott 141s have standard length sleeves, or are there specific versions that have shorter sleeves? I was talking to a guy about one and he said the sleeves are closer to 22” in length which seems…odd. I know some jackets might fluctuate here and there a bit, but that seems to be about 3”-4” shorter than I would’ve guessed (unless it was measured wrong?)

That would be extremely strange.

Aloysius

Upon further discussion, he isn’t sure but he speculates it may have been altered prior to him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Schotts from modern going back to 1960s have about 26" sleeves (larger or smaller depending on size, but that's the 'midpoint'/standard).

That alteration seems rather obviously so.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
There's a lot of perfectos with shortened sleeves on the European market. I think they were shortened by the European importer (Schott France) for some unknown reason.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
I have a fairly recent 141 in a size 42. The sleeves are just shy of 24 inches which is kind of short (on paper) for jacket designed and marketed as a riding jacket).

I have pretty long arms but with the cut of the jacket, action back and footballs....it all seems to work and looks very good when wearing it casually. I wouldn’t mind having an extra inch of length when riding the bike but even there it’s not too bad. My 618hh has longer arms.

Aloysius

I have pretty long arms but with the cut of the jacket, action back and footballs....it all seems to work and looks very good when wearing it casually.

Yeah, per the spec sheet, a lot of Schott models calculate their sleeve length shirt-style (in other words, the length of just the sleeve doesn't matter; it's the overall centre-back to sleeve end measurement that determines sleeve length.)

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Yeah, per the spec sheet, a lot of Schott models calculate their sleeve length shirt-style (in other words, the length of just the sleeve doesn't matter; it's the overall centre-back to sleeve end measurement that determines sleeve length.)
Yes! Great point. Despite being kind of form fitting, the cut of both my 141 and 118 have a nice shoulder width and I can see how it plays into the total wingspan.

Schott jackets just seem to fit good right off the rack. As we’ve discussed before, I agree that the most important Schott measurement is across the bottom hem. If that works, the rest is fine.

Asinyne

New in Town
I have a fairly recent 141 in a size 42. The sleeves are just shy of 24 inches which is kind of short (on paper) for jacket designed and marketed as a riding jacket).

I have pretty long arms but with the cut of the jacket, action back and footballs....it all seems to work and looks very good when wearing it casually. I wouldn’t mind having an extra inch of length when riding the bike but even there it’s not too bad. My 618hh has longer arms.

I’m guessing it had to be an alteration

IMG_6119.jpeg
IMG_6118.jpeg

Aloysius

Yeah this kind of sleeve length:body length ratio is something I’ve never seen on Schott. (Maybe some of those late 2000s fashion models were like that, because the length of the jacket was 2-3” too long.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy