Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 569 RETRO NORTH COUNTRY CAR COAT

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I noticed an ad for this jacket recently, and thought it looks quite nice.

I'm not in the market to buy one, having way too many jackets already, but I'm curious if anyone here may have one, what their thoughts are on the quality and fit of the jacket.

569brown-2T.jpg

To me, it looks like they may have borrowed a little bit of inspiration from the Aero 1920's Work Coat. There's differences, obviously, but also similarities:

97755420a0615f52_WORK-COAT-400.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The Schott looks like a lot of vintage leather work style jackets I have seen, the same cut, flaps, back seams, chest slant pockets and buttons. I'd say Freewheelers and Schott have borrowed from the same not especially original source material. To my eye the Schott shirt collar looks better.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
The Schott looks way nicer IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's debatable, but the Schott is a lot less expensive. I love the antique style tags on the Freewheelers, but overall I probably prefer the Schott. I'd gladly wear either :)

Fonzie

One Too Many
It's debatable, but the Schott is a lot less expensive. I love the antique style tags on the Freewheelers, but overall I probably prefer the Schott. I'd gladly wear either :)

Everything is debatable, that's why we're here, right? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Schott looks like a merger of the Himmel and Aero if you ask me. The Aero's a copy of specific original (pictured). While the Aero looks boxy in the pic, there are a pair of buttoned cinch-straps on the that give the jacket a bit of shape.

GW KY

Practically Family
I noticed an ad for this jacket recently, and thought it looks quite nice.

I'm not in the market to buy one, having way too many jackets already, but I'm curious if anyone here may have one, what their thoughts are on the quality and fit of the jacket.

569brown-2T.jpg

To me, it looks like they may have borrowed a little bit of inspiration from the Aero 1920's Work Coat. There's differences, obviously, but also similarities:

97755420a0615f52_WORK-COAT-400.jpg
I got the Schott in last week, in a large, which I always am in all my jackets. It was really wide under the arm, and the sleeves were crazy long. The medium I swapped it for will be here Friday. Hopefully if the fit is good, I can get sleeves shortened. If not, will get refund and move onto Aero, maybe the Teamster.

GW KY

Practically Family
I got the Schott in last week, in a large, which I always am in all my jackets. It was really wide under the arm, and the sleeves were crazy long. The medium I swapped it for will be here Friday. Hopefully if the fit is good, I can get sleeves shortened. If not, will get refund and move onto Aero, maybe the Teamster.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Let me know what the sleeve length is in M. I tried on a L recently, and found it too long as well.

Also, how's the color on the one you had? The one I saw, it looked like a lighter brown than the one they photographed for their website, and less shiny.

Last edited:

GW KY

Practically Family
Let me know what the sleeve length is in M. I tried on a L recently, and found it too long as well.

Also, how's the color on the one you had? The one I saw, it looked like a lighter brown than the one they photographed for their website, and less shiny.
Color was nice brown, medium darkness, wool interior, i'm sure very warm. While the medium was better under the arms for me, not so baggy, I now have a problem with the shoulders and bicep being too snug. Length overall is a bit long as well, and sleeves just a bit shorter than the large.

I'm no aficionado by any means: Overall well made, nice look, warm lining , soft leather. Sizing and length just a problem for me, couldn't get perfect fit, large too big in body, medium too snug in shoulders and biceps. I don't mind a little length in this type of button up, car coat kind of look, but it was too long for me for me.
17.5 shoulder
21.5 pit
31 back length
26.25 sleeve
23.5 sweep

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Color was nice brown, medium darkness, wool interior, i'm sure very warm. While the medium was better under the arms for me, not so baggy, I now have a problem with the shoulders and bicep being too snug. Length overall is a bit long as well, and sleeves just a bit shorter than the large.

I'm no aficionado by any means: Overall well made, nice look, warm lining , soft leather. Sizing and length just a problem for me, couldn't get perfect fit, large too big in body, medium too snug in shoulders and biceps. I don't mind a little length in this type of button up, car coat kind of look, but it was too long for me for me.
17.5 shoulder
21.5 pit
31 back length
26.25 sleeve
23.5 sweep
Doesn't sound like it'll work out to shorten the sleeves on that one. Too bad. Thanks for the report!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ