Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

schott b3 break in question

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
Hm, I have an Eastman (ELMC) B-3 that fits pretty trim. Mobility is pretty good, though. Only restrictions I have is due to the very narrow cuffs. Could be specific pattern issues across different makers?

View attachment 587624 hey again, how old is this jacket?how long have you been wearing it? Do you drive in it? Another member told me to be careful as driving could damage the waist fur.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
hi sorry but dumb question and i can't find the answer anywhere, but i see a lot of people taking about bare chest to jacket chest measurement, but not much on shoulders

you said it look fitted which is odd as i mentioned i got sized up. I've even seen people larger than me in height and weight with a 34 that fit fine, so i am a little confused about the shoulders

i had somebody measure me and i am about 16.5 inches (is that broad?) and the jacket is 18 5/8 according to schott. Is this enough leeway? I expect to gain some weight soon and i hope i did not take it too small.
I went by your fit photo. In the photo your jacket front shoulder didn't droop over and they look fitted, so I would consider it a good shoulder fit for your frame.

There is the obvious room in the torso and sleeve, which I think is ok. The back length is on the longer side which makes the jacket seem wider than it is. You'd already shortened the sleeve which I thought was a good move.

Most B-3 jacket fits here seems to be just cover the belt and above back pocket. Yours is a bit longer. But most don't live in Quebec winter either. I give the length at least one full winter of wear before you decide whether you want it an inch shorter like your sleeves. You also gotta keep in mind the more you wear under your B-3, the higher it will sit. So if you are wearing a thick sweat shirt, your jacket will fit up to half inch higher on the back length. I do think you can take about an inch off the back length, but not right now.

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
I went by your fit photo. In the photo your jacket front shoulder didn't droop over and they look fitted, so I would consider it a good shoulder fit for your frame.

There is the obvious room in the torso and sleeve, which I think is ok. The back length is on the longer side which makes the jacket seem wider than it is. You'd already shortened the sleeve which I thought was a good move.

Most B-3 jacket fits here seems to be just cover the belt and above back pocket. Yours is a bit longer. But most don't live in Quebec winter either. I give the length at least one full winter of wear before you decide whether you want it an inch shorter like your sleeves. You also gotta keep in mind the more you wear under your B-3, the higher it will sit. So if you are wearing a thick sweat shirt, your jacket will fit up to half inch higher on the back length. I do think you can take about an inch off the back length, but not right now.
Thanks for your reply but I Hope I have leeway in the shoulders. I expect to re gain lost weight since I've been sick and have not fully recovered from it which Is why I got a size up. I've seen people around my height but far heavier wear a 38 and it fit them so I figured even at my normal size of 5'6 130-135 lbs it should fit well (they were 5'8 170 with a 38)

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Jacket is a bit more than two years old. I wear it whenever it is cold enough to do so.
I don’t drive in the jacket, but I never do. I would not worry about driving in terms of protecting the jacket. Sure, all kinds of abresion, pressure, exposure will ultimately affect the jacket, but its absolutely fit for everyday wear.

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
Jacket is a bit more than two years old. I wear it whenever it is cold enough to do so.
I don’t drive in the jacket, but I never do. I would not worry about driving in terms of protecting the jacket. Sure, all kinds of abresion, pressure, exposure will ultimately affect the jacket, but its absolutely fit for everyday wear.
gotcha, thanks! I hope mine stretches out soon since i drive daily and it's not comfortable. Some suggested taking it off, but if i am going to have to take it off in the car, put it on after, etc. then i may as well not even wear a jacket at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner