Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Cafecto 603 break in begins. Initial Impressions

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
Purchased at the new Soho NYC Schott store. Been eyeing this for a while. Great companion to my 519. I shouldn't have waited this long to purchase.

Some big differences with the 6 series perfectos.
- No collar thus no collar snaps.
- No belt
- No insulation of any kind. Just the satin lining for easy on off.
- No interior pockets. I repeat, all pockets are on the outside.
- it has bi-swing back but no underarm footballs
-slimmer fit

This is a perfect 3 to 4 season leather jacket for on or off bike, as long as you know how to layer. You can wear this in spring or summer with a t shirt. Or in winter with wool insulating layer and a hoodie. but the quilted lining models are a little warmer since the have some poly insulation in quilted lining. I would argue this 603 gives me more flexibility and room to layer a down performance layer since it has no insulation to compete for space.

It is a little lighter, but feels much lighter than the Perfecto without the leather collar/lapels, underarm footballs , belt, buckle, or insulation.

I recommend you use size calculator. I wear a medium 519 and the 40 Cafecto fits me perfect. Slim but no issues zipping up with hoodie. I am 5'8 and 150 lbs. 32 - 33 jeans.

I have a strong feeling my 519 is gonna get jealous.

20240205_140817.jpg

PS I took a break from riding but here is a inspiration photo I found on Insta of the 603 on bike. If I was still riding i would choose this over the Perfecto if you wear a full helmet. The collar up on the perfecto will interfere with the helmet.

Screenshot_20240206_130332_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner