Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott factory sale

onstar

One of the Regulars
The whole point is to clear out what's in the factory at minimal cost. Having been there, it would not be viable at all to have an online option. Many of these things don't even have retail SKUs let alone photos. And then there's the transaction and time cost of online, plus shipping. Ends up being a big loss at that point.

Are they defects or just over stocks? THey had alot of stuff not on display, but have to ask for it in person. Plus they were selling it cash only, no tax.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
yub, bought a 641 cafe racer.

I noticed they took the tags (i think SKU) at checkout. Anyone know why?

The tag with the SKU is left on; they take the tag from the factory sale itself that has the price; they do this even for the cheap items.

Are they defects or just over stocks? THey had alot of stuff not on display, but have to ask for it in person. Plus they were selling it cash only, no tax.

The stuff on the racks is a combination of overstock, samples, and defects (which are on separate racks).

The stuff you ask for is from their full price stock, but with a hefty discount of a bit over 20%, compared to the 60+% on the racks.

@Viking752 I did buy a few things. Two jackets for friends, one for my dad, two for myself, both goatskin. I'm not even sure if I'll keep them but the styling was so distinctive that I went for them (one was a jacket I regretted passing on in last year's sale so it was a pleasant surprise to see it this year–but I think it might be just a little too small.)

There were relatively slim pickings of cross-zips this year, although there was a rack of the 613S on sale which if TFL had been more functional lately, I'd have logged on to make a post about for anyone who wants one after TooManyHats, Tom, and myself got and loved that jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff