Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Perfecto Cafe Heritage Horsehide

tk1971

New in Town
Got me a Schott Perfecto Cafe Heritage in Horsehide. The jacket comes "washed" from Schott to give it the broken in look. I had a lot of high hopes for this jacket, but I think I'm too short for the 23.5 / 25.5 inch length (fr/bk). In addition, when zipped up, the back of the jacket near my neck seems to have an abundance of material. I feel that it bunches up. So I figure the jacket was cut for someone taller than me. Anyways, here it is:

Unzipped front:
schott1_zps1b412ca5.jpg

Half zipped front:
schott3_zps6223ccac.jpg

Unzipped back (doesn't look too bad unzipped, the excess material just hangs):
schott2_zpsaf75eb32.jpg

Fully zipped back (you can see the difference when zipped up):
schott4_zps5c76b615.jpg

I gotta stop hanging around here. My kids are asking why I keep looking at pictures of strangers wearing leather jackets.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I don't see that bunching from the photos, I actually think it looks pretty good.... If you plan on keeping it, maybe wet that area and wear the jacket dry to settle the leather down a bit..

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Don't worry about hiding your face here...the only eyes and teeth we care about here are buttons and zippers!

nevadapd

Familiar Face
I also don't think it looks bad. I suppose I see what you're saying about the length - if you're going to be persnickety, it could be an inch-an-a-half or two shorter in the body - but I'd rather have it too long than too short, within limits of course.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
It looks too big in all respects. If I were you I might want to try a size smaller. I'm sure they'll let you return for an exchange. If you don't like the smaller size I'm sure you could then trade back. It's worth the hassle for such an expensive jacket that you'll want to own for years and years.

schitzo

Suspended
my man, those length measurements would work well for me as a reasonably short fitting jacket, and I'm 6,2. As the first picture shows this jacket is too long for you. Sure it's a tasty jacket and (to my mind at least) you are looking for reasons for it to be ok, to justify keeping it - we've all been there at some point. Bottom line it's not OK, unzipped or zipped. It gives me no pleasure at all to point this out, but I think it's in your best interests if the members here who share your interest in this type of thing come forward and say so.

If you can send it back for a shorter one great, but if not just get a refund and look for a different model that fits your frame.

At the end of the day finding a nice quality well made jacket is only half the battle, cos if it doesn't fit you that's all irrelevant.

I hope this was of some help for you tk1971 and I wish you the very best of luck with the next one

Schitz

Last edited:

tk1971

New in Town
It looks too big in all respects. If I were you I might want to try a size smaller. I'm sure they'll let you return for an exchange. If you don't like the smaller size I'm sure you could then trade back. It's worth the hassle for such an expensive jacket that you'll want to own for years and years.

I appreciate all the advice...

Unfortunately, this jacket comes in off the rack sizes (S, M, L). I'm wearing the "Small". Like I say, the fit of it leads me to believe it was cut for someone taller. I'm about 5'6" - 5'7", and I can feel the jacket lift up when I lift my arms too.

The last jacket felt too short, and this one feels too long...

That said, I think I'll try to find an Aero Halfbelt. Saw a pic of it recently and I think the fit would be good on my frame.

My hunt continues.

tk1971

New in Town
my man, those length measurements would work well for me as a reasonably short fitting jacket, and I'm 6,2. As the first picture shows this jacket is too long for you. Sure it's a tasty jacket and (to my mind at least) you are looking for reasons for it to be ok, to justify keeping it - we've all been there at some point. Bottom line it's not OK, unzipped or zipped. It gives me no pleasure at all to point this out, but I think it's in your best interests if the members here who share your interest in this type of thing come forward and say so.

If you can send it back for a shorter one great, but if not just get a refund and look for a different model that fits your frame.

At the end of the day finding a nice quality well made jacket is only half the battle, cos if it doesn't fit you that's all irrelevant.

I hope this was of some help for you tk1971 and I wish you the very best of luck with the next one

Schitz

Yeah, it's funny how that goes... if it's perfect, I wouldn't even have to ask. It's just a nice jacket and the horse hide is soooo soft, buttery and smooth. Reminds me of a well broken in baseball glove. Thanks for the honesty.

schitzo

Suspended
Thanks for the honesty.

No problem at all. If you're looking out for a used aero keep your mind open to all possibilities and you'll surely find something good for your height, as those jackets are individually tailored.

If wanting to save a few $s - and aren't we all - maybe you should look at the steer options, which typically have a lower sell on value. I guess you are a size 36/38, right? Which is in your favour too. You might even turn up something off the aero sales page, although obviosuly importing one of those wouldn't be so cost effective. Good luck and if you do get another be sure to post some more pics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart