Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Style 1928C in Brown Horsehide

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Hi
Could use any information on my Schott Style 1928C Brown Horsehide. The Horsehide is Very Thick and Heavy. Looks like all material is made from USA.

Attachments

• BC5EAAD5-5362-4AF7-82DE-DA22B6404558.jpeg
    BC5EAAD5-5362-4AF7-82DE-DA22B6404558.jpeg
    854.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 47D004DB-F223-4EBC-B812-33273EBD51C4.png
    47D004DB-F223-4EBC-B812-33273EBD51C4.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 113
  • E41A3B55-41B5-4136-BE98-CF69A80B978F.png
    E41A3B55-41B5-4136-BE98-CF69A80B978F.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 91
  • 4C42A754-1C76-4E8A-9B43-77361B2B4F1A.jpeg
    4C42A754-1C76-4E8A-9B43-77361B2B4F1A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 100

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Hey, man, nice Schott.

It looks like it might be the CX113 special edition collaboration with Context. If so, that's natural CXL leather. I'm not sure about the numbers on the tags but they'll tell the story if you ask Schott.
Hello
Thank You for the Great information. There is no Tag in any of pockets?
Could you explain what is CXL Leather?
Thank You

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Nice jacket. The horsehide is of decent quality. I have one Schott with the same horse, and it feels very smooth. Not much grain as other horsehide from the same period. Actually, the hide is exactly like my Pegasus d pocket. Not as thick but the same top. Additionally, as you know that jacket runs very small. I tried on a new L at their New York store and the jacket was very tight. I normally wear 44 on LW Buco repros. Lastly, if you are not careful, it gets dirty fast. I helped my friend clean his. We spend about 2 hours cleaning it and conditioning it with a nice wax-heavy conditioner I made for him. The jacket did get darker, but it takes the beating a little nicer. If you are not careful in cleaning it, water spots will become very noticeable.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Nice jacket. The horsehide is of decent quality. I have one Schott with the same horse, and it feels very smooth. Not much grain as other horsehide from the same period. Actually, the hide is exactly like my Pegasus d pocket. Not as thick but the same top. Additionally, as you know that jacket runs very small. I tried on a new L at their New York store and the jacket was very tight. I normally wear 44 on LW Buco repros. Lastly, if you are not careful, it gets dirty fast. I helped my friend clean his. We spend about 2 hours cleaning it and conditioning it with a nice wax-heavy conditioner I made for him. The jacket did get darker, but it takes the beating a little nicer. If you are not careful in cleaning it, water spots will become very noticeable.
H
I can't thank You Enough. Yes your Spot on with CX113 Style I Googled it. Yes I was lucky to find this in XXL it does run small I really can't Zipper it but I got it at a crazy low price $225. Only wore it twice. Very clean Leather.
Yes the leather has no grain to it very smooth. For sure not a jacket to wear in the rain.
I try and contact Horween to get some info.
I usually use Bick 4 conditioner. I might try it on a small not see area.
Thank You So Much
Pete

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
H
I can't thank You Enough. Yes your Spot on with CX113 Style I Googled it. Yes I was lucky to find this in XXL it does run small I really can't Zipper it but I got it at a crazy low price $225. Only wore it twice. Very clean Leather.
Yes the leather has no grain to it very smooth. For sure not a jacket to wear in the rain.
I try and contact Horween to get some info.
I usually use Bick 4 conditioner. I might try it on a small not see area.
Thank You So Much
Pete
Guppy is the gent who spotted the CX113. I think he has one. But I do agree with him. The two eyelets on the small front pocket and the zipper leather pull extension are indicators of being a 113. The Bick 4 conditioner will darken the leather.

I believe that jacket was a collaboration piece with a brick and mortar store in Madison WI. Maybe they offered them elsewhere, of that I am not sure but they extremely limited in number. Very limited. They were made from early batches of Horween natural CXL. If you paid a paltry $225 for it you essentially stole it as they typically sell for north of $1K preowned. They are scarce!

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
I believe that jacket was a collaboration piece with a brick and mortar store in Madison WI. Maybe they offered them elsewhere, of that I am not sure but they extremely limited in number. Very limited. They were made from early batches of Horween natural CXL. If you paid a paltry $225 for it you essentially stole it as they typically sell for north of $1K preowned. They are scarce!
Hi
When I bought it I did not know anything about the jacket except I know Schott.
I had no style number or type leather. It's when I receive it in the mail right away from the weight I knew this was a special jacket. Then I saw it was a Horsehide Leather.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
It is rare, it is horsehide, a great color, it is a tremendous Schott jacket. Maybe the seller wanted to move it because it is XXL, but still, a tremendous score at $225. Enjoy it, it is worth north of $1000.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
These are the tags on my CX113 jacket. Yours are a little different, which makes me think it might be a different jacket than I thought. I'm not sure but I think Schott did a run of brown 1928c jackets that looked similar to the CX113, but were NOT natural CXL FQHH. Schott can likely tell you for sure what it is.

Whatever you have there, it's certainly a steal at the price you paid for it.

IMG_20220821_163933_3.jpg IMG_20220821_163916_3.jpg IMG_20220821_163908_2.jpg

These are the tags on my CX113 jacket. Yours are a little different, which makes me think it might be a different jacket than I thought. I'm not sure but I think Schott did a run of brown 1928c jackets that looked similar to the CX113, but were NOT natural CXL FQHH. Schott can likely tell you for sure what it is.

Whatever you have there, it's certainly a steal at the price you paid for it.

View attachment 446188 View attachment 446189 View attachment 446190
I think they did two runs which may explain any difference in tags. Little research and I found this grailed jacket a size down from Pete’s shares the same batch ID in the tags.
https://www.grailed.com/listings/17712378-context-clothing-x-schott-context-cxl-horsehide-113
B47E4639-3A69-40E2-BA46-80BEBC8179F1.jpeg

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
I think they did two runs which may explain any difference in tags. Little research and I found this grailed jacket a size down from Pete’s shares the same batch ID in the tags.
https://www.grailed.com/listings/17712378-context-clothing-x-schott-context-cxl-horsehide-113
View attachment 446203
Hi
For some reason my Coin Pocket White Tag is missing? Maybe the previous owner cut it out?
Yes from what other Members have said they did two runs I think no more then 600?
Since my tag is missing there is no way to tell which run mine was made.
Thank You for your Help.
Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner