Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Select Stratoliner

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh my!! JtL, That is fantastic!! I love the fact that more and more rare and hard to find hats are being found and worn. Congrats man.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Douglas. I'm with you -- I think it's very cool that these older gems are still being found, and even better that they finally get to see the light of day by virtue of people actually wearing them! :)

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
I'd also like to point out for newcomers that those crown stickers do not last long if you actually wear the hat.

Unless the sticker soars high above the noggin in the sanctuary of the "inner teardrop"...:D ;)

Cheers,
JtL

CRH

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Unless the sticker soars high above the noggin in the sanctuary of the "inner teardrop"...:D ;)

'The Force is strong with this one...hmmhh'

yoda_bowling_ball.jpg

lincoln1965

New in Town
jimmy the lid said:
This lid just arrived today from fellow Lounger Alon, who found it in an antique store in Canada. I've been holding my breath for this one. It is in absolutely beautiful condition -- the felt and sweat are in pristine shape. I recently had the chance to check out one of gtd's Canadian Open Roads, and was really impressed by the quality of the felt. This Canadian Strat is similar in terms of the feel. Very nice.

The sweat is perforated, and shares a pattern similar to a c.1940 Week-ender owned by Douglas. No liner -- just a "Stetson Select" sticker. The color is a beautiful shade of light brown, with a kind of taupe ribbon that works nicely against the felt.

I'm all ears for those who have ideas about dating this lid. The price sticker says $8.95 -- and I tend to think that this may well have been the original sticker. I would think that a Canadian price of $8.95 might have been contemporaneous with $7.50 U.S. pricing, which would put this lid in the mid-40's. I believe that Lefty posted an early/mid 40's ad for a Canadian Stetson (Premier Quality) with a price of $8.50 -- so, I tend to think mid-40's may be a good bet...

One last note, the sticker on the inside of the crown has left a slight circular discoloration on the top of the crown. That's OK -- I'm keeping it as is! :)

OpenCrown-20.jpg

Sweat1.jpg

InsideStrat.jpg

StetsonSticker.jpg

StetsonSweat.jpg

PriceSticker.jpg

Strat3.jpg

Strat2.jpg

Strat1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Very nice Color!! I am with the others, let's see it on your head!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara