Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selentino Sizing

Zev99

New in Town
Hi all,
I’m wondering if any of you have experience with Selentino hats running large. I have a Stetson Stratoliner in a 57. Sometimes Stetson sizing can be sporadic. It fits just fine but I almost wish it fitted a half size smaller. I have saved up and want to purchase a Selentino Sterling or also called Hudson. I love the 2 1/4 inch brim.
Have any of you ran into Selentinos running a little large? Should I go with the 56 for the Selentino? I do like my hats to fit somewhat tight and conservative.
Thanks!

Hi all,
I’m wondering if any of you have experience with Selentino hats running large. I have a Stetson Stratoliner in a 57. Sometimes Stetson sizing can be sporadic. It fits just fine but I almost wish it fitted a half size smaller. I have saved up and want to purchase a Selentino Sterling or also called Hudson. I love the 2 1/4 inch brim.
Have any of you ran into Selentinos running a little large? Should I go with the 56 for the Selentino? I do like my hats to fit somewhat tight and conservative.
Thanks!
I would take a measurement of my head and ask Selentino for their advice. Also, do you know if you are a long oval or regular oval?

Zev99

New in Town
I would take a measurement of my head and ask Selentino for their advice. Also, do you know if you are a long oval or regular oval?
I should ask them. I’ve measured my head and I’m exactly a 56.5 regular oval. I just like having the right fit ya know? I’m kind of thinking it’s better to go larger but if they run large then I don’t want it to be too large.

I’ve owned around 20 of the Selentino Sterlings; although, I currently don’t own any. As I recall, they fit pretty true to size. Sorry I don’t currently have one to verify this with.

These hats are made by Tonak and they are decent quality. If you like the shape and proportions, they aren’t a bad way to go. I sold all of mine as they didn’t align with my preferences…and most I bought with the intention of selling. Post photos once your hat arrives!

I should ask them. I’ve measured my head and I’m exactly a 56.5 regular oval. I just like having the right fit ya know? I’m kind of thinking it’s better to go larger but if they run large then I don’t want it to be too large.
Knowing your exact size and shape is a huge leg up. I know some of the Akubra distributors will actually check the sizing to get you the one that fits best......there is some size discrepancy in the mass produced hats. I would think they would want you to get a hat that fits correctly....one would hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dentistryonelgin