Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selfmade hat storage systems?

jskeen

One of the Regulars
Ok, I know that hat storage has been beaten to with an inch of its life, but this might be a new twist. Plenty of us out there do woodowork, machine work, crafty type stuff in general. So what have you come up with to hang (or set) or whatever, your hats on when they aren't on your head?

This is a concept that I'm kicking around, but am not necessarily done with. My office is woefully short on both accessible wall space, and horizontal surfaces that do not already have stuff piled on them. However, it does have a conveniently low roof that, with the exception of a few light fixtures has so far escaped being buried in jun.... excuse me, great wealth. (that whole gravity thing may have something to do with that)

So, a few 1 inch square scraps from the hardwood bin, a quick trip through the planer, and a few pocket screws later I have a new spot to hang my hat, with the possibility of expanding to a whole bunch more of them.

2013-07-02

What do you use, how might you improve it, or any other thoughts on the subject?

Thanks
James

Edward

Bartender
I like it - up and out of the way. I am looking at some hat storage options myself at present. That approach could be a winner.

jskeen

One of the Regulars
In all due respect, I would rather get rid of some of my treasures that clutter the room, than hang my hat in that fashion.

Why would that be? Do you feel that supporting a hat by the sides of the brim would distort the shape over time somehow? Or cause some other problems with it? Do you just not like having it hang upside down?

Given plenty of free space uncluttered by other "stuff" how would you prefer to store your hats?

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like it. Maybe put a few wire ones (as seen under the theater seat) on the ceiling in my closet.
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner