Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selling: Vanson Comet PLU-3 (Thurston Bros) in Black - Size 42 - $400

shoegazer

New in Town
Hello, as the title states, I'm selling a Vanson Comet PLU-3 Size 42 that I bought from Thurston Bros and received a few months ago. I had an inner left pocket added for an additional cost and the overall price new was a little over $700 USD. It is not close to being broken-in yet and still looks great.

A piece of the main zipper pull broke off, however it is still completely functional. I'm waiting for a replacement zipper pull that I'm getting from Thurston Bros, which I will ship with the jacket or afterwards. The jacket has been worn a few times while riding and there are some signs of use, such as creases, however no other damage, stains, or anything of that nature.

Just trying to get rid of it as I was just notified that I'll be moving overseas for work, and I can't bring my Triumph with me, so it'll probably just sit in a closet or storage.

Item was not altered other than the addition of the pocket and below are the measurements from Thurston Bros:

Size 42

Back length--26.25 inches
Sleeve length--26 inches
Pit-to-pit--23.5 inches
Shoulder--20 inches
Waist--20.5 inches

Taken from: https://www.thurston-bros.com/products/vanson-comet-plu-3-size-43?_pos=17&_sid=a79c8aca3&_ss=r

If you have any questions or requests, please let me know and I'll do my best to help you out. I've been a lurker on here for a while, just reading and trying to find my perfect jacket, so I'd love to get this in the hands of someone on here that will put it to good use.

Looking for $400 shipped CONUS PayPal F&F

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    997.8 KB · Views: 733
  • 2.5.jpg
    2.5.jpg
    930.2 KB · Views: 719
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    886.4 KB · Views: 710
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    745.8 KB · Views: 782
  • 4.5.jpg
    4.5.jpg
    933.6 KB · Views: 792
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    878.5 KB · Views: 733
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    872.6 KB · Views: 719
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    903.3 KB · Views: 721
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    887.7 KB · Views: 723
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    765 KB · Views: 720
Last edited:

chollie

One of the Regulars
I'm surprised this has hung around as long as it has. I've got one, such a great jacket. Pretty much a perfect cafe racer IMO.

shoegazer

New in Town
It's understandable, as I haven't really bumped it in a while since I was in the process of getting the zipper pull fixed through Thurston Bros./Vanson. Great jacket indeed; I'll most likely be buying another one a few years down the line, haha.

It doesn't seem like I can edit my original post, but I intended to have the payment method read PayPal goods & services rather than F&F, just for security for both parties, especially since my account is relatively new.

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
Can you post pics of the added pocket and replaced zipper? Also, since you stated that you took the measurements from Thurston's post, have you verified them by taking your own? Images of measurements always help too.

shoegazer

New in Town
Price reduced to $375 shipped CONUS PayPal goods and services.

Thank you for the suggestions gtrplyr. The added pocket is identical to the original right-side pocket, as Vanson did the work themselves. Same for the replaced zipper-pull (the actual zipper itself was not replaced), which looks exactly the same as new.

I just did some measurements and here is what I found:

Back length - 26.5 inches
Sleeve length - 25.25 inches
Pit-to-pit - 23.5 inches
Shoulder - 19.75 inches
Waist - 20 inches

I'll try to add some more pictures (including the measurement pics) this weekend.

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
Price reduced to $375 shipped CONUS PayPal goods and services.

Thank you for the suggestions gtrplyr. The added pocket is identical to the original right-side pocket, as Vanson did the work themselves. Same for the replaced zipper-pull (the actual zipper itself was not replaced), which looks exactly the same as new.

I just did some measurements and here is what I found:

Back length - 26.5 inches
Sleeve length - 25.25 inches
Pit-to-pit - 23.5 inches
Shoulder - 19.75 inches
Waist - 20 inches

I'll try to add some more pictures (including the measurement pics) this weekend.

The difference in sleeve length is exactly why I asked. 3/4" shorter sleeve can be the difference between a good fit and wrist bones sticking out. Thanks.

shoegazer

New in Town
No problem, thanks for the help.

Note for the sleeve length: I got 25.5 inches using a soft tape measure down the arm from the shoulder hem and 25.25 inches measuring with a normal retractable tape measure like in this picture. The slight curve in the arm results in the difference between the two. I'll be sure to add both pics so there isn't any confusion. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider