Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Semi smart 1950s mens shoes

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Hello everyone,

Im new to these parts, just moved over to London in September, married to fellow forum member Lyburnum (23 and married, and its actually quite fantastic!)

Anyway, I was really keen on these new rocket originals shoes that just got put up the other day, until I got them today, and they have quite a thick foam sole (EVA), and bear a striking resemblance to Brothel Creepers, so Im sending them back:

http://www.rocketoriginals.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=Interlaced-BLACK

Well made but a bit 'repro' looking, and Im looking for something in the £100-150 price range that I could wear with some hollywood slacks and a pendleton shirt. I was thinking of a pair of cap toe oxfords (semi brogued) or just some simple loafers. Any suggestions?

Also, on week 2 of waiting for my Aero jacket... Amanda said 8 weeks, my guess it will be longer.

kools

Practically Family
If you're looking for simple loafers, Bass Weejuns have been around forever. I often wear them with Hollywood waist trousers & gabardine shirt...as I am today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles