Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SERRATELLI???

lanej

New in Town
hat

Here's a shot of mine. It has an 8X rating and I would view that as comparable to Stetson. I don't have an 8X Stetson but I do have a couple of 6X and the Serratelli is just a tiny bit nicer in terms of finish and feel. Great hats. If you like the styling go for it.

serratelli.jpg

serratelli2.jpg

What style is that serratelli hat?

Buck Roan

New in Town
Was in Oklahoma City last night, went to Langstons Western Wear in the Stockyard City district. There was a Serratelli hat called "Cattlemen" It looked like an open road hat! It had a 23/4 inch brim, the crown was noticably higher than my open road. It was designated a 6X. It realy felt nice. Cost about $180.00. The clerk really talked it up, said they come in a variety of colors. The one they had was Pecan. Very sharp looking hat. Anybody else see one or better yet, owns one? And can tell us about it? Been thinking hard about it.

Buck Roan

New in Town
I looked too and couldn't find it. It's there and the clerk said they where getting another shipment by the end of the month. I'm going back, because they didn't have my size. It wasn't a custom made. And I forgot to mention, it had a bound edge. I might try to go back and get a picture. OKC is about two hours from where I live.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
Earlier this week I came across a gentleman looking for Serratelli Hat! I have no idea who sells Serratelli in and around Atlanta. He asked if I knew anything about the company but alas I did not. I did not even know this thread was here until today. (Yes, I was trolling through old threads.) I attempted to see if Seratelli had a functional webpage listing their retailers, but I was unsuccessful.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
I have 2 Seratelli hats, purchased about 10 years ago give or take, still new in box. Very nice hats, not as soft or pliable as Setson, X factor to X factor, at least for me. I have 2 pair of Lucchese boots left, 1 pair well worn, quill ostrich, both special order, haven't worn the other pair yet though they are also at least 10 years old. I've worn a lot of Lucchese over the years, nothing to complain about, one of the best off the rack boots I believe. The boots I get the most compliments on are pair of Tony Lama full quill ostrich in peanut brittle, also a most comfortable boot. Prices for that boot has doubled from what I paid. The balance of my boot collection are custom with a few OTR. The rest of my western hats are Stetsons or custom from various makers, same with my fedoras, some vintage, some custom, many new. To get back on track, I don't think you would be unhappy with Seratelli.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Old Thread , But I remember Serratelli Hats from the Rodeo Days , the Hats the guys wore were Great . I know (not that it matters) Brad Paisley wears Serratelli Hats . They actually make Custom Hats , plus OTC Hats of various Qualities , some are Super Good (not bad prices) , some Wool , some Fur Felt . Made in the USA . I bought a Serratelli Open Road Style in Black 2X , it doesn't say Wool , but I emailed PFIWestern asking what type of felt was it made of ? Just a moment ago . We'll see . But I picked that 2X OR Style (except the crown is higher , 5" creased) off eBay for $30 in excellent condition just last night , New I think they go for $109-$99 , around there . I'll see if I can put up a picture ...

Nice Looking Hat , I like the Taller Crown than the OR , and I know they're still sold in Black , Bone , and Pecan , maybe more .

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Old Thread , But I remember Serratelli Hats from the Rodeo Days , the Hats the guys wore were Great . I know (not that it matters) Brad Paisley wears Serratelli Hats . They actually make Custom Hats , plus OTC Hats of various Qualities , some are Super Good (not bad prices) , some Wool , some Fur Felt . Made in the USA . I bought a Serratelli Open Road Style in Black 2X , it doesn't say Wool , but I emailed PFIWestern asking what type of felt was it made of ? Just a moment ago . We'll see . But I picked that 2X OR Style (except the crown is higher , 5" creased) off eBay for $30 in excellent condition just last night , New I think they go for $109-$99 , around there . I'll see if I can put up a picture ...

Nice Looking Hat , I like the Taller Crown than the OR , and I know they're still sold in Black , Bone , and Pecan , maybe more .
Thats a great looking hat!

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Newark NJ?, exclaimed like the salsa commercial.
this area used to have many hat factories
A 2X=wool
https://www.facebook.com/SerratelliHats/photos/pcb.700608743376792/700608163376850/?type=3&theater
not much activity, limited styles and colours
very popular with the bull riders.

Yep , They were very Popular with the Bull Riders . Thanks , I always said I'd never buy a wool Hat , but I knew 2X (even if it didn't say) was probably wool . PFIWestern hasn't responded , yet , but its a big outfit , I figured it might take a while . Still looks good , Especially for what I paid , but at the New Off the Shelf Price , I knew it was probably wool for that one . I don't have FB , so I couldn't get to the juicy details . Thanks though !

Here's mine. 10 x in a Heather gray with a gray bound edge and indigo liner. I usually save it for dress, but it's a very well made hat.

Thats a Great Looker Mm25 ! The Hats I saw were definitely Nice , a X is just a X , but I'm sure a 10X is WAY Better than a 2X . But the Xers have their own definitions , each one .

Thats a great looking hat!

Thanks Bob ! It'll serve the purpose . Haha ! I sure wasn't surprised , but it does look good . That's why I only offered what I did . Its a LO , too ! I hope it comes packaged right and well , intact .

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Yep , They were very Popular with the Bull Riders . Thanks , I always said I'd never buy a wool Hat , but I knew 2X (even if it didn't say) was probably wool . PFIWestern hasn't responded , yet , but its a big outfit , I figured it might take a while . Still looks good , Especially for what I paid , but at the New Off the Shelf Price , I knew it was probably wool for that one . I don't have FB , so I couldn't get to the juicy details . Thanks though !

Thats a Great Looker Mm25 ! The Hats I saw were definitely Nice , a X is just a X , but I'm sure a 10X is WAY Better than a 2X . But the Xers have their own definitions , each one .

Thanks Bob ! It'll serve the purpose . Haha ! I sure wasn't surprised , but it does look good . That's why I only offered what I did . Its a LO , too ! I hope it comes packaged right and well , intact .
I def wanna see some pics!

I've never owned one because I prefer the dimensions & style of the Old West for my hats. I don't often wear a rodeo style of hat.

On the road on a job & working in constant rain a few yrs ago I needed a backup hat after my good hat finally soaked thru after 3 days, so I went to town & bought a Rodeo King. That thing soaked thru the first day & literally fell apart the second day. The day I bought that Rodeo King I was what we call a magician...someone who can take good money & turn it into shit real quick.

RJR

I've never owned one because I prefer the dimensions & style of the Old West for my hats. I don't often wear a rodeo style of hat.

On the road on a job & working in constant rain a few yrs ago I needed a backup hat after my good hat finally soaked thru after 3 days, so I went to town & bought a Rodeo King. That thing soaked thru the first day & literally fell apart the second day. The day I bought that Rodeo King I was what we call a magician...someone who can take good money & turn it into shit real quick.
I have that magic talent as well ;).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic