Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Several Size 36-38 Suits

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Would there be any interest for a few size 34-38 suits? I have 2 suits and 1 jacket that I rarely wear and their departure would free up some closet space.

One of the suits is a black and red subtle plaid over a navy blue ground, medium weight wool. 6x2 Double breasted. The suit dates probably from the late 40s-early 50s. The suit is just a little too baggy on me and I'm just a smidge too short for it. Please PM for further measurements.

CIMG7367.jpg

Closeup of pattern- but color is more accurate in first picture
CIMG7391.jpg

The second suit is a suit I just bought on eBay that is just wrong on me but may fit someone else perfectly or with minor adjustments. It is a royal blue, 6x2 double breasted, from the late 40s-early 50s. Please PM for further measurements.
532e_1.JPG

The tweed sportscoat is a real gem but just fits too big in the shoulders for comfort. It's from the late 50s or 60s with nice casual small lapels, 3 button sb, with a ticket pocket, and single vent. The tweed is nice and heavy- I believe the label says it's weatherproofed and the colors are a really strong black, gray, brown, dark green, and light blue check.
DNP9TXMFRQQB.jpg

I don't believe these pieces have any damage, but I can double check again.
I will post detailed pictures tomorrow- just seeing how much interest there is for smaller sizes. Price-wise, I'm looking for $60-80 for the suits and $100 for the sportscoat (that's what I paid).
PM me for more details if you're interested.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Hey there,
Good to see more younger guys on the lounge!
I am about a size 34, so these suits should fit you fine. I'll give you the measurements (in inches):

Plaid:
Shoulders- 16 seam to seam
Chest- 18 lying flat
Sleeve- 24 from shoulder to cuff
Length- 29 from bottom of collar to hem
Trousers 28W,30L

There's a small moth nibble near the bottom of the jacket, but the pattern combined with where it is make it unnoticeable (I've never had anyone comment)

Blue:
Shoulders: 18 seam to seam
Chest: 20 armpit to armpit
Sleeve- 22.5
Length 27.5
Trousers- 28W27 (with an 1.5" to let out at bottom if you want to keep the cuff)

I'm asking $150 for both, or $80 for each. Price is negotiable.

Jerekson, I bet the plaid will fit you fine and Henrik, I think the other one will fit you if you let out the pants and sleeves.

Bernard Newman

New in Town
Hello,
I would like to buy both of your suits. Since I'm just 19 I don't own a credit card and could pay only via Western Union. I hope that is no problem.

Best wishes,
Bernhard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner