Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shackleton vest

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It did arrive the day before Christmas. 24 oz. Mackinaw wool in a light gray. It was the color I always wanted and I'm under the impression that the light gray is no longer available. Fits great although I haven't worn it anywhere yet. My intention is to wear it as a layer under my Aero LHB. I've been making a real effort to get that LHB broken in and it is working. I figure if I can put in a lot of time in the LHB this winter, it will look all the better for it.

Big fan of the Filson Mackinaw wool. I have a single Mackinaw Cruiser in charcoal that is a real pleasure to wear. I sized down to a 38 for that to get a slimmer fit.

Grayland I have all kinds of Filson stuff to the extent I could easily be called a Filson Fanboy! I see you live in Upstate NY and would get far more use from the heavy 24 oz Mackinaw wool than I would in Upstate TX. I have layered both my 24 oz Mackinaw wool and moleskin button vests under my Teamster, which is essentially a button version of your LHB, and is a combo that works very well for me, although the moleskin vest is generally warm enough here. Are you anywhere in close proximity to the Erie Snow Dump? In early November, N Texas had an unseasonable snap of cold weather but read that you guys were hammered with severe blizzard conditions 1-2 days later.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
No, I am in Albany - about 4 good hours from where the 70 inches fell. We get plenty of snow and plenty of cold, but that Lake effect snow in the Buffalo area is just crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff