Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shave of the Day

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Gillette Black Handled Superadjustable
fresh Crystal blade
Proraso Shave Cream
Kent BK4 Badger Brush
Homebrew Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
C.O. Bigelow Bay Rum Aftershave Balm

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Gillette Black Handled Superadjustable
Same Crystal Blade
Kent T8 brush
The Real Shaving Co. Moisturizing Shave Cream
Thayer's Witch Hazel with Aloe
The Shave Den Cedarwood After Shave Balm
L'Occitane Eau de Vetyver edt

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
straightrazorkit.jpg

1920s vintage English-made shaving-scuttle.
Windsor badger-hair brush.
Proraso shaving-soap.
Aesculap German-made straight-razor.

This photograph marks my third shave with that razor and the results really surprised me. This is my best straight-shave yet. An 8 out of 10 in my book.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
on vacation shave:

Weishi Superspeed clone
Derby blade
Omega boar brush
Proraso shave cream
Thayer's witch hazel with aloe
Good Life by Davidoff After Shave Balm
Good Life by Davidoff Cologne

filfoster

One Too Many
Shave and a hair cut....$34

I am reporting my first (and probably only ever) straight razor barber shave. I have heard this practice may be dying out because of legal concerns over liability for unfortunate disease transmission and the general lack of demand. Anyway, my barber, Frank, owner of 'The Cincinnatian' on Main Street, is an 'old school' barber, of almost 40 years's experience, still practices this skill. How could I resist checking this ritual off the 'bucket list'?
What a ritual indeed! Many applications of hot towels, including a 'pre-shave' lather that was removed before the actual shaving lather, the shave itself with a modern straight razor gadangus with disposable blade, instead of the beautiful curved straight edged beauties of yesteryear, and a soothing appiication of Witch Hazel through a thin 'tea towel', followed by more hot towels and finally some talcum. About 20 minutes of time traveling. If you can find a barber to do this, go for it, at least once.

Feraud

Bartender
filfoster said:
...the Siamese twins, right?
Bingo.

Had a great shave last night using a Gem 1912 and TOBS avocado shaving cream. I've used double edged razors for the last twenty something years but have converted to the single edge.
The shave is so good I may never go back to the double!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy