Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shave of the Day

JonnyO

A-List Customer
I'll have to work on getting a photo of everything, but my shave of the day has been my Edwin Jagger DE with feather blade, Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Cream mixed up with a Edwin Jagger boar hair brush. I like the feather blades, but may try a Derby soon. I also plan on looking into purchasing a badger brush, the boar is like brushing needles across my face. I have been using Clubman Pinaud aftershave which brings back childhood to teen years memories. I walk into work today and one of the guys from the shift coming off walked past me and said I "smelt like a barbershop." Mission accomplished.

bsaguy

New in Town
Each day, same routine:
Gillette Super Speed or any of my other razors dating back to the 1920's
Feather Blade
Proraso green soap
Semogue 1305 boar brush
Classic Ice Blue Aqua Velva aftershave Splash
The Body Shop Kistna Aftershave Balm

I am looking to expand my soap selection soon.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
About 4-5 times a week:

Merkur DE razor, 23C I think
Gillette shave gel or Aveeno shaving foam
Generic (but effective) skin cream/moisturizer
Clubman aftershave

1-2 times a week:

Norelco rotary electric shaver (not very effective now -- probably needs new blades)
Same cream and aftershave as above

robrinay

One Too Many
Just bought a Wilkinson Sword 'sticky' for £1.75 in an antique shop. Once I'd checked the value I went back and gave the shopkeeper another £10 - I know her and wanted to be fair. I put it in the dishwasher for a short cycle to sterilise and clean it last night and used it this morning - The shave is close and comfortable. A lovely design by Kenneth Grange, dating back to the early 1960s. It looks so modern it's hard to believe it's nearly as old as me!

Last edited:

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Just bought a Wilkinson Sword 'sticky' for £1.75 in an antique shop. Once I'd checked the value I went back and gave the shopkeeper another £10 - I know her and wanted to be fair. I put it in the dishwasher for a short cycle to sterilise and clean it last night and used it this morning - The shave is close and comfortable. A lovely design by Kenneth Grange, dating back to the
early 1960s. It looks so modern it's hard to believe it's
nearly as old as me!

well done sir.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Still using my Superspeed and Astra Platinums
I have been using Poraso lately as I have run out of ToOBS Lemon & Lime. I need to buy a new tub of it this weekend.

Hat Dandy

One of the Regulars
Still using my Superspeed and Astra Platinums
I have been using Poraso lately as I have run out of ToOBS Lemon & Lime. I need to buy a new tub of it this weekend.
I used my Merkur Futur and Derby blade with Poraso shaving cream. Poraso is a favoured shaving cream of mine but I love J.M. Fraser's for its economy and great lather. I need to restock on it.

hatguy1

One Too Many
Stopped in to the original location of V's Old Fashioned Barbers in Arcadia, AZ for a professional straight razor shave! Ooh la la! What with the towels, the creams, the facial massage my face ain't ever had it so good or been so smooth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
I figured I would start a thread that is all about the old way of shaving... Wetshaving.

Shave of the Day pics, questions, comments, discussions, videos and reviews.
A place where I can share one of my hobbies here in the Lounge!

I'll post my Daily Shave's here and if anyone would like to share, please feel free too.

I have a lot of different types of DE Razors, SE Razors and Straight Razors. Soaps and aftershaves galore. And some pretty nice brushes. I also have a YouTube channel where I shave, but I'm not going to advertise it on here, unless I can answer a question with a video.

Hope to hear from all the Wetshavers in the Lounge!

8545ba80029b5e7f80523ab04bb2929b.jpg

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
9/07/16 - Wool Fat Wednesday!!

MWF, Mitchell's Wool Fat, is one of my favorite soaps!!! Usually my soap I go to on my Friday, which Wednesday.

It might be a little picky when you first start out learning how to lather it, but once you get it down it's such a reward!!

Very lightly scented that everyone has a hard time describing. Soap with floral notes?..?? I don't know. But for some reason I love it!

Made with Lanolin which is a great moisturizer.

aadce9e041b29b94ab52bd256d7dd35b.jpg

Brush - Senogue 1305 Boar Brush
Gillette RFB New DE Razor
Above The Tie Atlas Handle
Pol-Silver Blade
Pinaud Lilac Vegital (The Veg)

Spectacular!

7f7e23c531d8ff4ef6a41aef036668c2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members