Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shawl Collar Cardigans

The Shooman

Practically Family
I am a big fan of shawl cardigans, but only the fattest cardigans will do, and l prefer mine in cashmere. Shawl cardigans are expensive for the good ones, but they are worth it. I like to wear mine with cashmere turtlenecks.

Some of mine:

Ballantyne 6 ply cashmere shawl (excellent and very luxurious) - made-in-Scotland
Ballantyne 6 ply burgundy cashemere  shawl collar 1.jpg

N Peal 6 ply cashmere shawl - made-in-Scotland. Seems to be impossible to pill. Very stylish and comfortable. Not as thick as the Ballantyne above.
N Peal cashmere shawl 6 ply 1.jpg

A late 1960's McGeorge shetland shawl a bloke sold to me. Made in Scotland. He has hardly worn it because it was too heavy and hot for him.
Mc George shawl cardigan 2.jpg

I only want heavy shawl cardigans, and l only do made-in-Scotland. Will be saving up for some 12 ply shawl cardigans in cashmere in the near future. I am very particular when it comes to knitwear. It is difficult to get good stuff, especially these days.

If l could get another 3 shawl cardigans made from 12 ply cashmere i'd be a very happy fella.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Here are some more from my shawl cardigan collection. The first 3 above are my favourites, but these are good too.

J Press
- in soft lambswool.
- made in Scotland
- heavy and dense knitting
- not cut like a grampa cardigan unfortunately, more modern
- decently made, but not built like the three in previous post which are made to last a lifetime.

20220401_163856.jpg

Scott & Charters
- lambswool
- made in Scotland
- thick, but lighter
- the best made of the three posted here, but not built like the three above which are made to last a lifetime.
20220401_164359.jpg

Neiman Marcus home brand

- camel hair
- made in Scotland
- not as well made (weak buttonholes and puny buttons)
- a bit small for me now.
- not cut like a grampa cardigan unfortunately, more modern
Shawl cardigan - camel hair - Neiman marcus.jpg

Will post some others another day.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925