Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shirt Collar Pins

Edward

Bartender
After far too long without the chance to wear my collar pins and clips, I'm getting around to acquiring myself some new shirts that will take them. This leads me to review my existing pins and think, well... one always needs more.... My favourite style is, by far, the ones that are like a miniature kilt-pin, in inch and a half lengths or so (two inches for a wider splayed collar). It seems, alas, to be very difficult to find these affordably (I'm happy with gold and silver tone - they don't need to be the real deal!) in smaller sizes - most of what is currently on offer is reaching towards 2.5" long!! Any leads on sources for these in today's market?

Cobden

Practically Family
Edward,

Not too cheap, but this is the only place on the web I have come across the type I believe you are referring to:

http://www.classicwardrobe.co.uk/Collar-Pins-and-Clips.aspx

I myself have had quite a bit of luck with charity shops and market stalls; I have a policy of "if I see, I buy" - managed to pick up five recently in Oxford for 50p each, though all are the flatter sort of safety pin type.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner