Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Dating Help

Josephine

One Too Many
Please? :) I acquired these shoes today, they were made by the Freeman Shoe company (went out of business in 1992), and I was hoping someone would be able to aid me in dating them/getting more information as I would like to put them up on eBay. The woven part has no backing in the inside. The insole says "It's a Freeman Shoe" with "Master Fitter" underneath it. The only bit I can read on the inside quarter is "COMB 324 C3". They have been reheeled (Cat's Paw heels).

Shoes1.gif
Shoes2.gif

These spreaders came in them.

Spreader.gif

Thanks so much for your help.

Tony McNally

New in Town
Hi
These look fantastic. Just going by the visuals i would say they are definitely 1940's to early 50s. The weave is unusual, like a wicker weave. You usually see them with a fine netted weave. The wicker weave will make them interesting to the collector or wearer as it is seldom seen. Brilliant shoes a great find. Cheers, Tony

Josephine

One Too Many
Tony McNally said:
Hi
These look fantastic. Just going by the visuals i would say they are definitely 1940's to early 50s. The weave is unusual, like a wicker weave. You usually see them with a fine netted weave. The wicker weave will make them interesting to the collector or wearer as it is seldom seen. Brilliant shoes a great find. Cheers, Tony

Tony, thanks! I do appreciate it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana