Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes: AE shell loafers, Alden shell loafers, Florsheim longwings, Hanover PTBs

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
All prices include shipping to CONUS. Shipping elsewhere will be extra. Paypal Personal only.

1. Beautiful pair of Allen Edmonds Hinsdale penny loafers in a gorgeous color of shell cordovan. I believe these were originally burgundy but have matured into a lovely shade of brown. This AE model is somewhat similar to the Alden LHS, but has a sleeker profile that is very appealing. This is actually one of the better looking AEs I've seen--the toe even has a slightly chiseled look.

They're in fantastic condition. I'd estimate they were worn no more than 10 or 15 times. The soles and the combination heels still have most all of their life left in them, and the uppers are in great shape too. Size is 9D. They're on the 4 last, which in my experience fits true to size.

AE shells retail for $525. You can have these for $250.

DSCF6174.jpg
DSCF6175.jpg
DSCF6178.jpg
DSCF6179.jpg
DSCF6182.jpg

2. Another great pair of shell loafers: Alden color #8 tassel loafers, size 11E. They're on the Aberdeen last, which fits slightly long (so these should work for an 11.5 D or E foot). Also in fantastic condition--slightly more wear than the AE loafers above, but these have also been lightly worn.

These retail for $550. I'm asking $240 shipped.

DSCF6184.jpg
DSCF6185.jpg
DSCF6187.jpg
DSCF6189.jpg
DSCF6188.jpg

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
3. Florsheim tan scotch grain longwings. The classic American gunboat. These have been worn, but the uppers are in almost-new condition and the soles have little wear. Size 10.5D. Vintage Florsheims are the coveted prizes of the longwing world, and it's tough to find them in such good condition. And according to Doc Holliday, this type--in "fiery chestnut" scotch grain--is the perfect model of what a longwing should be. $90.

DSCF6190.jpg
DSCF6191.jpg
DSCF6192.jpg
DSCF6195.jpg
DSCF6196.jpg

4. Hanover L.B. Sheppard plain-toe bluchers in tan scotch grain. Size 9.5D. Hanover was at the top of the quality period among American shoe manufacturers, and it's easy to see why. These are beauties. A bit of scuffing on the toes that should polish out with no problem, and they're otherwise in excellent codition. This is a classic shoe, right up there with longwings in the classic American shoe canon. $60.

DSCF6197.jpg
DSCF6198.jpg
DSCF6200.jpg
DSCF6201.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925