Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I have gone for it?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I had my eye on this vintage Rock a Billy suit, that ultimately went for only $9.99, and now I'm sort of kicking myself. Not that I'd EVER get a chance to wear it, and not that I'm even that much of a Rock a Billy fan either. Tho I do love Bob Wills and Tex Ritter, and all that.
Anyhow, I just thought that for what it is, it's a very classy example, and I can't believe it went for so little. Opinions??? It could have looked mighty nice with my Open Road.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=400007823154
Edit: I'm looking at the buyer's previous purchases, and I'm thinking that this fine suit might be back on Ebay before too long, if you know what I mean, or at least on some vintage clothing vendor's website.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Don't 2nd guess yourself.

If you weren't going to wear it, don't want to get into reselling, and have something better to do with $19.90, do not kick yourself. Remember, it would have been more with a bidding war. :cheers1:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I wouldn't worry about it too much. It is a good price. But how often would you wear something like that?

'70s and '80s western suits show up pretty often on ebay, and usually don't go for too terribly much. So if you ever decide that you want one, it shouldn't be all that hard to find something else similar.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Sure, you could have bought the suit.

You could have even worn it out to catch a band.

But then you'd have met Betty Jo the Suicide Grrl from the local Roller Derby, after the spilled drinks and that would have led to all sorts of complications : the back alley strangeness with the re-packed cigars, the ensuing low speed chase across town, those five midget Juggalo clowns, the fire in the Dempsey Dumpster that caught the attention of the police 'copter and Cletus with his shotgun.

Best not to travel down some roads. They can be too strange.

Bugsy

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
I had my eye on this vintage Rock a Billy suit, that ultimately went for only $9.99, and now I'm sort of kicking myself. Not that I'd EVER get a chance to wear it, and not that I'm even that much of a Rock a Billy fan either. Tho I do love Bob Wills and Tex Ritter, and all that.
Anyhow, I just thought that for what it is, it's a very classy example, and I can't believe it went for so little. Opinions??? It could have looked mighty nice with my Open Road.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=400007823154
Edit: I'm looking at the buyer's previous purchases, and I'm thinking that this fine suit might be back on Ebay before too long, if you know what I mean, or at least on some vintage clothing vendor's website.

I've been in similar situations. I have learned over the years that if opportunity knocks, rush to the door to let it in.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Story said:
Sure, you could have bought the suit.

You could have even worn it out to catch a band.

But then you'd have met Betty Jo the Suicide Grrl from the local Roller Derby, after the spilled drinks and that would have led to all sorts of complications : the back alley strangeness with the re-packed cigars, the ensuing low speed chase across town, those five midget Juggalo clowns, the fire in the Dempsey Dumpster that caught the attention of the police 'copter and Cletus with his shotgun.

Best not to travel down some roads. They can be too strange.

Oh, Lordy, yes! Been there, done that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats