Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Dark Side - Shadow and Silhouette Portraits

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
from a recent trip to Hawaii:

IMG_0440.jpg

Trevlett

New in Town
My First post!
Thanks for such a great site guys! Here's my contribution, Me and my new Christys Adventurer/Poet. It begged for a moody selfie so here is my first attempt!

Trev

DSC_5341-Edit-3.jpg

Superbly done, Trevlett!! Excellent lid, photo, first post... You have done it ALL, sir. Welcome!

"Show your dark side," the thread says, so, take a peek. Sometimes you just have to show some backbone!! I wasn't planning for this outcome, but what do you think? Dark?!

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Snapped this one at work the other day. No grass, but a little windblown pine straw was on the concrete, does that count?

Attachments

• pine straw shadow.jpg
    pine straw shadow.jpg
    878.8 KB · Views: 142

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
From the shadows. Wearing my "Public Enemies" Dillinger inspired Akubra Squatter. I gave it a Center Dent and sewed on a wider Burgandy ribbon, stitching is hidden on the bow work. I still have to cut the brim down though....

Black_Beast_Shadow_01.jpg

Black_Beast_01.jpg

Black_Beast_03.jpg

Black_Beast_02.jpg

Last edited:
Don't scare the kid, Sam!!

Terry the Public Enemies lid looks good under any lighting conditions, man. SUCH a sweet hat!

Not so dark, (although we ALL have that side) silhouetted in the late day sun. I've never had shingles, but here I am with clapboards!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Jonesburg was one of those small and laidback Mid-Western towns where the residents "pulled in the sidewalks" by 9:30 of the evenings, except for Saturday nights. The people there were faithful church goers who attended Sunday services in the town's few "Houses of Worship". There were various Men's clubs, Women's "get togethers", and town dances were organized one Saturday night a month at the rented out City Hall building. There was a Diner on the main street going through the "town center" where residents would meet for breakfast every morning, except for Sunday mornings when it was closed, to share the latest gossip, discuss the latest "Headlines" and to argue politics. The people were virtuous and "clean-cut". Most were either farmers or were employed by the town's various small businesses. Its biggest employers were the "Farmer's Supply Store", the "Grainery", and the "Lumberyard". There was also a "Hardware Store", a "Farmer's Market" at the end of the Summer months and a local "Grocery Store". Jonesburg was a peaceful little town secluded from the immorality and the crimes of the "Big Cities". But for Jonesburg, the peace and quiet for this tranquil little town is about to be shattered....and the town's elected Sherriff and his part-time Deputy will soon be tested after they were called upon to invesitgate four grizzly muders of the Johnson family amid rumors of sightings about the arrival of a shadowy escapee from a nearby insane asylum dubbed, the "Night Stalker".... ;)

Western_Shadow_02.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav