Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I set my hair last night in the hopes of doing a Rita Hayworth with combs look (as in Lolita's tutorial). I had a lot of difficulty with the combs and decided to try some rolls instead. I made two parallel, opposing rolls with a center part. My baby hairs were EVERYWHERE and for once I decided not to fight them. Because of how the hair was set, I got a lot of wave above the roll. Because the rest of my hair was still damp when I took the rollers out the curls were very loose so I put the bottom of my hair in two braids. I didn't even bother with elastics, just kept rebraiding it throughout the day. I put a flower in my hair for good measure, and to hide the messy butt end of one of the rolls. My hair wasn't an accident but it wasn't planned. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. And as luck (or bad luck) would have it, my husband thought it would be a good idea to take pictures of me in my rollers with no makeup on.[huh] I'll post those in the Setting pattern central.
DSC00195-1.jpg

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
TessTrueheart I loved my pixie :D It was fun when I surprised my workmates with it too! Actually, funnily enough, I had the same pixie cut when I was in primary school (Hope it's ok to post these :p)
1995 2005
Everyone used to say I looked like Missy Higgins. But as much as I loved it, I had to get it trimmed every 3 or 4 weeks because my wavy hair caused it to kick out all funny!

I'm getting my hair dyed blue black for my Wonder Woman costume, so hopefully that will stem the urge to cut it!

MissS I will definitely post pictures when it's done :D I'm working on a few costumes at the moment actually!

TessTrueheart

Last_Chael said:
TessTrueheart I loved my pixie :D It was fun when I surprised my workmates with it too! Actually, funnily enough, I had the same pixie cut when I was in primary school (Hope it's ok to post these :p)

That is super cute! My scanner refuses to cooperate with me so I can't post my pixie...:mad:

Good luck with the wonder woman hair!

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Thanks so much MissS! It's one of my most favourite and beloved costumes! I managed to pull it together in 5 days (though I didn't get time to make the chemise and drawers). But I'm actually going to be fixing up the entire bottom half - putting some jacket fabric frills on the underskirt, redoing the overskirt entirely and adding some drapery (possibly waterfall) to the back. I'm also going to fix up the buttons on the front :p I'd love to make more!!

Thanks Tess! :D I'm so tempted by a bob right now, if it wasn't for Wonder Woman :p I also do Selene (from underworld) So I'd love to get her cut. I'm hoping my dancer's tights come in the mail on Monday, so I can put on what I've got so far (and practice the hair) and I'll post some pictures!

CassD

One of the Regulars
I finally managed to get a set that was half-way decent. It's not exactly what I was going for, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

DSC06411.jpg

I tried clipping my hair back a bit on one side and really like the way it looked.
DSC06412.jpg

old yazoo

Familiar Face
MarieAnne said:
I set my hair last night in the hopes of doing a Rita Hayworth with combs look (as in Lolita's tutorial). I had a lot of difficulty with the combs and decided to try some rolls instead. I made two parallel, opposing rolls with a center part. My baby hairs were EVERYWHERE and for once I decided not to fight them. Because of how the hair was set, I got a lot of wave above the roll. Because the rest of my hair was still damp when I took the rollers out the curls were very loose so I put the bottom of my hair in two braids. I didn't even bother with elastics, just kept rebraiding it throughout the day. I put a flower in my hair for good measure, and to hide the messy butt end of one of the rolls. My hair wasn't an accident but it wasn't planned. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. And as luck (or bad luck) would have it, my husband thought it would be a good idea to take pictures of me in my rollers with no makeup on.[huh] I'll post those in the Setting pattern central.
DSC00195-1.jpg
That is SO Adorable on you!! Nice job on the waves in front. Love it!

old yazoo

Familiar Face
MissS said:
old yazoo, it's gorgeous! Not a hair out of place and you're dancing! You look fab! What did you do in the back? I think I spy a flower?

I just pinned up all of my hair, and then made finger rolls and stuck a flower on the side. My hair is really thin, so it stays up once it's secured in the rolls! Can't imagine trying this with thick hair...

updo2.jpg

CassD

One of the Regulars
Dolly Daydream: Thanks! In all honesty, I would gladly share a little if I could. Took me an hour to get the pincurls in, but I suppose it's worth it when it turns out nice. Next time, however, I making the hubby help me :p

CassD

One of the Regulars
cherry lips said:
CassD, are you a natural redhead? That color has such a gorgeous glow!

Thanks so much! I do have red highlights and they come out quite a bit in certain lighting, but some of it is left over from a dye job from late June 2006 (right before my wedding). I can't find the seperation between the faded dye job and the natural growth so I have no idea how much of it is that.

dani

Familiar Face
ok so this is my first try at reverse rolls, they are not that great at all, but i think they are ok for my first try. also please excuse my face i have no makeup on, and look horrible.
DCFC0375.jpg

DCFC0374.jpg

DCFC0373.jpg

DCFC0367.jpg

DCFC0366.jpg

DCFC0365.jpg

Adele

One of the Regulars
Dani: Though I find it hard to see them all that well with the lighting, from what I can tell, you did a pretty dandy job for the first time!

Here is my update regarding my attempt to do a 1930s hairstyle.

Well, here was the one from a while back:
DSCF1010.jpg

After more practice:
Hair.jpg

I still need to practice more, but unfortunately I will have to wait some time since I chopped off my hair (Louise Brooks short). I might attempt to practice my finger waves, though.

dani

Familiar Face
your hair is so cute in those pictures. i really want to try the finger waves, but i can't seem to find wave clips. i'm sure if i try sally's i'll find some.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Adele..your waves are fabulous. And the length is terrific.I just got an inverted bob about 3 weeks ago, and find it's the perfect length for waves.

p.s. I am sooooo jealous of your gorgeous haircolour!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy