Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
:eek: AllaboutEve, Miss 1929 - I am so flattered!!! I assure you, my complection and smile are far from perfect, but I actually giggled out loud when I read your comments. Thank you!!!

And yes, I do feel freed of so much hair. I lopped about eight inches off the top to make the layers, so it's quite a difference. It feels so light and bouncy now, and I can put it in sponge rollers again. I'm quite tickled with it.

R

Red_Lipstick

Hello ^.^

This is my very first post and I'm not English, so sorry in advance for any language mistake :p

I started dressing vintage a few years ago but I gave up with my hair because it's really straight and I tried to use rollers, pincurls, etc following online instructions and I never got it right!
I found this forum a couple of weeks ago and I decided to give pincurls another chance... and it worked! They looked lovely thanks to all the tips I found in the different hair threads, so thank you all :)

Now I have a really short bob so there's not much to do with it, but I was thinking of doing the fringe (which is quite long and to one side) to achieve a sort of 50-ish style. If I get it to look nice I'll post a photo (and any tips on how to set the pincurls, ie direction, are welcome!).

But more than anything I just wanted to say thank you for all the tips and great photos, you all look so good! ^_^

Inky

One Too Many
Hi Red Lipstick and welcome from another newbie!!

I just started learning how to mess around with my hair and use curlers and so forth. I haven't tried pin curls yet though - I'd love to see a picture of yours.

My father is from Spain (near Palencia) and I have spent many wonderful summers there in my youth. Beautiful place!!

missmelly

One of the Regulars
So, this was from my birthday party last month. That's my husband and I'm holding my niece.
The theme of the party was 1933 and I went to a hair dresser to have the fingerwave set. She did a great job and was very happy to do them.
missmelly.jpg

The Shirt

Practically Family
So here's the new red 'do. I'm still not sure what I think about the red and my skin tone. I really wanted blond with black underneath but was unable to go that light from nearly black hair previous. What do you all think? People keep calling me "orange eyes" now.

Vegas2008008-2.jpg

Vegas2008011-1.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Shirt, I adore your new hair color! I think it looks very natural with your skin, I have seen real redheads with that combination.
And Alexandra, did you lighten your hair? That pic looks about 8 shades lighter than all he previous ones - I like it!
And MissMelly, your Marcel is to die for, and what an adorable baby too!

Smuterella

One Too Many
The Shirt - I love the colour, it brings out the colour of your eyes and its a stunning combination, you look sexily feline.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Well Me-ow!
Thanks ladies. I'm am going back and forth about whether I have what it takes to work the red. It's very different for me.

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
MissMelly, your hair looks wonderful.

The Shirt, I really like your new color, I just got blonde highlights done in my hair and now everyone says my eyes look yellow lol lol

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
The Shirt - I love the red on you, it's very very pretty!

And alas, I'm having a similar dilemma. Finally got rid of the red (took two bleaches to get it out, ick!) and was planning going brown (keeping the black on the sides, of course)... it didn't turn out nearly as dark as I wanted it, it always looks strangely blonde in the mirror. I'm also not sure how I feel about it, haha.

dscn2668in2.jpg

dscn2636np5.jpg

dscn2635pg3.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
The Shirt, I think you look very beautiful, but now that you mention the "orange eyes" comment, a deeper red would probably make your eyes appear less orange, although it's difficult to see in this picture. If you mind the orange eyes, that is, cause personally, I think orange eyes sound astounding. ;)

I did this hot sticks set today, it turned out fine:

The Shirt

Practically Family
Ladies- This is like having heart to heart with best girlfriends. You've all made my day with your lovely comments. I feel so much better! I'm totally going to strut tonight!

Jessilyn - That is so similar to what I was trying to go for in the end - great minds. I really like the contrast you have - it looks darling.

Laura Chase - The curls in the last photo are just perfect. You must beat the fellows off with one giant stick! Gorgeous.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase that set suits you so well! You look like a perfect 40s gal :)
:eek:fftopic:JessiLynn Are my eyes fooling me or do you have porcelain skin? (That goes for Laura too come to think of it...)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
cherry lips, I don't, anyway, this last few weeks, I've had a gigantic zit attack on my chin. It's just mineral foundation, it's wonderful.

gingermore, I love that green too! But I find it very difficult to find anything else in that color in the shops, it's a very rare green. I would love a green dress like that...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters