Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I have bangs that come to the tip of my nose. I used a rectangular part, and 3 rows of sponges, then brushed it into a roll. :)

Thank you for all the good wishes, and the compliment! I love the original Barbie!

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
C-dot said:
I have bangs that come to the tip of my nose. I used a rectangular part, and 3 rows of sponges, then brushed it into a roll. :)

Thank you for all the good wishes, and the compliment! I love the original Barbie!

That's what I had to do when my bangs were long as well. I used a pincurl set I got from a 1940's hairstyling book but I can see how sponge rollers would work even better. Makes me miss the versatility I had before I cut my bangs. :p

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the place but for those of you in the US, I just found Hot Sticks on Wal Mart.com for 16.00 including tax. Shipping was free to my local store. That was at least five dollars less than the least expensive USED ones on ebay. :)

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Photo13.jpg

I'm actually really happy with the way this set turned out :)
Emer i really like yours as well high five on sponge rollers ^_^

raven_retro

New in Town
3866263216_c3fbdc41ea.jpg

3866268980_0d9bfdf355.jpg

I was messing with my web camera settings yesterday and I felt inspired. My hair was nothing special, just a simple styled pony-tail with a fringe. :)

Lorena B

Practically Family
ThesFlishThngs said:
You look like an original Barbie, C-Dot! Have a stellar birthday. :)
Wow, i am SOOOO agree with this comment!!!
You look wonderful, I love the bangs and the hair color ( actually i am considering in dying my dark hair for something like that)
Hope you had a great b'day sweets!!

PS

A-List Customer
Lolita, always hair perfection and inspiration!
Hailey, your hair is so cute! makes me want to cut mine and C-Dot, Happy Happy Birthday you look darling!

Its been a very long time since I've participated here but felt like doing my hair for once...
2m6qype.jpg
[/IMG]
I converted the photo to BW because I didn't have my brows or lips on the color shot because i was so washed out.

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
PS said:
Hailey, your hair is so cute! makes me want to cut mine and C-Dot, Happy Happy Birthday you look darling!

Its been a very long time since I've participated here but felt like doing my hair for once...
2m6qype.jpg
[/IMG]
I converted the photo to BW because I didn't have my brows or lips on the color shot because i was so washed out.

You are a bombshell! The hair is perfection...:eusa_clap

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Hailey Greenhat... That is so sweet. Thank you! What a compliment too! It is great when people think your photo presence is grand. I am always afraid that I project the personality of a dead fish on camera! lol

Inky... it is so true. We want what we can't have. For me, it is smooth hair and Mark Grace! Hahahha Let us know how the new rolls come along.

TFT... Wow! Now that is what I like to hear!! Jean is my most favourite and Judy is just beautiful! Thank you!!

LisaFreemontSt... I sleep on perming rods all the time. The do not bother me one bit. I could sleep through an earth quake in those! I know lots of gals that have a hard time with even sponges, but for me, it is no problem at all.

Toni... Thank you. I love that the first one is being mistaken for actual vintage! :-D As for my hair, it is all one legnth just past my shoulders, to about my shoulder blades. No fancy cuts for me. I do have to cut a few fried inches off though. When I do it will still be all the same length, just shorter.

PS... It is funny you say that, because I just thought the same thing about your hair!!

msrsimpkin

New in Town
PS said:

2m6qype.jpg
[/IMG]

Utterly beautiful! How did you achieve those wonderfully smooth waves?

PS

A-List Customer
Oh ladies, you really know how to lift a gal up!

msrsimpkin...my hair started as wet pincurl set overnight but 12 hours later it still wasn't dry when I took it down. So i had these nice curls around my face and on the under layers but my crown as pin straight and still wet. So i just brushed through anyway and once the wet sections were dry I did a basic roller set. Then I brushed with two different brushes, a Denman brush and then a natural boar brush. Brushing must of taken nearly twenty minutes or more, it was a very very very humid day.

Bombshell Becca

One of the Regulars
024.jpg
025.jpg

This is how my hair looked yesterday. I set it in pillow curlers the night before, but I had washed it the previous night. My hair always comes out better the 2nd & 3rd day.

SayCici

Practically Family
On Photobucket, you select your image, hover over it, and then you'll see resize and the different size options. :) After that you may need to go back and edit your post and re-attach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany